Just invested some money in a pal's tattoo removal business...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Printing money basically. Apparently people from SR postcodes have the highest concentration of tattoos inked within the last 5 years per square inch on the body than any other postcode in the country. Surely this can't last? Tattoos are a daft fad, like the Atkins Diet and flared jeans, and anyone daft enough not to capitalise on the growing industry of tattoo removal is a daft scratter really.
Although I can see potential in your removal business - I fear that when you start hitting a peak -your market will be swamped overnight.
You would have to become know as the main people quick and shout loud and hard now before the 'goldrush'
Start selling the removal machines;)

i wouldn't allow other than a fully qualified dermatologist to do such a procedure...were i 'scratterish' enough to have any ego graffiti on my person in the first instance

You need a qualification to be able to do it which costs £50, you then need to have a laser and buying one of them isn't cheap, the cheapest one starts at £1700. £35 a session is a minimum starting price for an hour sitting.

Those of you who say it's a silly idea, it's not, think of all of the shit tattoos people have been getting and how much they'll regret it in the past, muffins, unicorns, cannabis leaves and the ilk. It's an unsaturated market at the minute, there are a few places that do it in Sunderland, only one place that does it in South Shields (and that's a beauty parlour). All in all, around the North East, there are about 20 places that offer the service majority of them being in Durham and Teeside. And that's just the ones that are based on a premises, so about 20-ish places to cover an area that has roughly 4 million people.

I think the OP has worded his post wrong by saying its a fad etc etc, but no one can deny that the growth of the tattoo industry has exponentially grown in, say, the past 10-15 years due to it becoming more affordable, easily accessible and a lot of budding artist jumping on the bandwagon. For the last reason alone there will be a number of people that have got tattoos that weren't done properly and now look shit or like I mentioned before people who got one and didn't think about it hard at the time. Not to mention the people who are mortal drunk on holiday and get one done thinking its a good idea and obviously it isn't as good as getting one done here (standards wise)

OP don't let these shitehawks tell you otherwise but it's a good idea, and anybody who had the capital and business nouse to get involved in it shouldn't think twice.

You need a qualification to be able to do it which costs £50, you then need to have a laser and buying one of them isn't cheap, the cheapest one starts at £1700. £35 a session is a minimum starting price for an hour sitting.

Those of you who say it's a silly idea, it's not, think of all of the shit tattoos people have been getting and how much they'll regret it in the past, muffins, unicorns, cannabis leaves and the ilk. It's an unsaturated market at the minute, there are a few places that do it in Sunderland, only one place that does it in South Shields (and that's a beauty parlour). All in all, around the North East, there are about 20 places that offer the service majority of them being in Durham and Teeside. And that's just the ones that are based on a premises, so about 20-ish places to cover an area that has roughly 4 million people.

I think the OP has worded his post wrong by saying its a fad etc etc, but no one can deny that the growth of the tattoo industry has exponentially grown in, say, the past 10-15 years due to it becoming more affordable, easily accessible and a lot of budding artist jumping on the bandwagon. For the last reason alone there will be a number of people that have got tattoos that weren't done properly and now look shit or like I mentioned before people who got one and didn't think about it hard at the time. Not to mention the people who are mortal drunk on holiday and get one done thinking its a good idea and obviously it isn't as good as getting one done here (standards wise)

OP don't let these shitehawks tell you otherwise but it's a good idea, and anybody who had the capital and business nouse to get involved in it shouldn't think twice.
Cheers for letting the SMB in on our grand scheme like @Big Cat you git big bellend.

£1750 set up and then earn £35 an hour? Count me in.

That's if I can pass the £50 qualification mind.

Printing money basically. Apparently people from SR postcodes have the highest concentration of tattoos inked within the last 5 years per square inch on the body than any other postcode in the country. Surely this can't last? Tattoos are a daft fad, like the Atkins Diet and flared jeans, and anyone daft enough not to capitalise on the growing industry of tattoo removal is a daft scratter really.

Tattoos aren't a fad like.

So 4 million people, take out those of the non-tattoo generation and the bairns who aren't old enough to get them (Roughly 1.5m you'll agree?).

Between my family, friends and colleagues the average is every 1 in 5 people have a tattoo, so we're down to 500,000. This is before taking into account those with tattoo's who are too old to get them removed, a massive proportion of people who will have got them and not regret them, those who wouldn't be able to afford the removal so will just live with it, perhaps getting them covered up.

Really, I think you're looking at around 40/50,000 possible customers max, over the next 30-40 years or approx 2,500 customers per shop (out of the current 20, which because this is an incredible money making plan will obviously multiply.) So, aye, if they all turned up on the same day, I think you'd be in the money.

I said to someone not long back that it would be a great investment so yes i agree
Been saying it for years.

Hew @toenails , where do I sign up? :lol:

Apparently getting one removed is more painful than having it done in the first place
A lad I was in a band with reckoned so like. He was having one removed for ages. Looked a bit of a clip whilst it was being done. I think he gave up in the end and just had it tattooed over. :lol:

My cousins been doing it for a few year now.....haven't seen him for ages though so dunno how well he's doing with it.
The sensible approach would be to offer both tattooing and removal services.

Tattoos aren't a fad like.
Are like.

Last edited:
The tattoo removal place on Hylton Rd didn't last long.

A lot of tattoo studios use the E-raze removal system now too, cheaper and better results than laser apparently.

Every man and his dog does it man (mostly not very well), like tattooing it's a fairly saturated market so only decent people will have a sustainable business.

I agree tattoos are a fad like, I mean people have been getting them since 6000BC so the novelty is bound to wear off soon.

Because all of the people who have had tattoo's in SR6 will still be in SR6 / Looking to use your friends service when they decide they want them removed, if they ever do.

I'm out.

not much investment needed -
Logon or register to see this image

Logon or register to see this image

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back