Krakow / Zakopane / Tatra National Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

My boss tried to make me go to a workshop in Zakopane this year that he's organising. I find the topic boring though so didn't apply to go.

No bother at all in the main square for us. Saying that, we went in December so it was probably too cold for the stag #LADs. Schindler's factory was alright I guess. Have a nice little walk over the bridge. It won't take that long.
I wanna go back like.

No bother at all in the main square for us. Saying that, we went in December so it was probably too cold for the stag #LADs. Schindler's factory was alright I guess. Have a nice little walk over the bridge. It won't take that long.
I wanna go back like.

From the people I've spoken to so far it seems the Jewish quarter will be our main port of call on an evening. Place called Klub Alchemia comes highly recommended for late night drinks.

From the people I've spoken to so far it seems the Jewish quarter will be our main port of call on an evening. Place called Klub Alchemia comes highly recommended for late night drinks.
We didn't venture round there on a night time which is probably a regret. We had a little wander round through the day like. Always next time I guess though.

How much money will two people need for a week in Poland then?

How long you there for? if just a few days Krakow is enough - quality place especially in this weather its cracking the pavements - just wander round and sightsee, sit and have a beer and people watch. Salt Mines and Auschwitz are excellent but I think you've already done them

Not sure excellent is the right word.

make sure you visit the salt mines. I've been there last week and I had no idea what to expect, but it was just breathtaking! Sounds mad, but they also do great food down there ;)

Not sure of how much money you need for a week, but although Krakow is very touristy compared to Germany and the UK it's still quite cheap. Expect approx. 1,50 GBP for a pint of beer...

make sure you visit the salt mines. I've been there last week and I had no idea what to expect, but it was just breathtaking! Sounds mad, but they also do great food down there ;)

Not sure of how much money you need for a week, but although Krakow is very touristy compared to Germany and the UK it's still quite cheap. Expect approx. 1,50 GBP for a pint of beer...

Noted. Cheers marra.

Krakow for a week, with one night/two days in Zakopane.
A fair bit if you drink in Alchemia! Well worth having a look in, the cocktails were top notch.

I went in October 2012 & round kameriz we were paying about £1.70 a pint, food was dead cheap on the day & on a night we were probably paying about £20-£25 for most meals in nice restuarants but then we were getting wine on top of that which was quite pricey.

I'd reccomend the pork knuckle in Starka in kameriz, I had one of the best t-bones I've ever had in the argentina grill just round the corner and Fabryka Pizzy nearby did canny very cheap food which was great to keep you going through the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back