Krakow

Been about 15 times, go twice a year at least for a break. So many hidden gems. Give me a shout if you need any advice.

Apart from the Bull Pub I can't see how you regularly come across them.

We never notice them on the square, they're never in Kazimierz, never see them in Podgorze or Debniki.

My blog, need to update it as there's a food court on the river which is cracking.

Got to say I much preferred Verona over Milan.
Empty your inbox mate

Who’s everyone used for Auschwitz recently? Heading owa for a long weekend with owa lass and want to book it again as she’s never been. Used Escape2poland last time but the prices seem to have rocketed and it’s £120 for both with a hotel pick up. Can see others for cheaper at £80ish for both with hotel pick up. Some of the reviews seem to say they can change the pick up time the day before from 5.30am-2pm which seems a ballache cos it’s happened to a few but that doesn’t seem to happen with Escape2poland.
Don't use anyone. Go on the train. Cheap as anything. Short walk from the station to the museum.
Who’s everyone used for Auschwitz recently? Heading owa for a long weekend with owa lass and want to book it again as she’s never been. Used Escape2poland last time but the prices seem to have rocketed and it’s £120 for both with a hotel pick up. Can see others for cheaper at £80ish for both with hotel pick up. Some of the reviews seem to say they can change the pick up time the day before from 5.30am-2pm which seems a ballache cos it’s happened to a few but that doesn’t seem to happen with Escape2poland.
Just checked. Its 15zl (£2.92) single rail fare from Krakow to Oświęcim. This was for a random day, next Monday leaving at 09.36. Takes an hour and one minute.

£120 for a coach trip. Eh?

Last edited:
Don't use anyone. Go on the train. Cheap as anything. Short walk from the station to the museum.

Just checked. Its 15zl (£2.92) single rail fare from Krakow to Oświęcim. This was for a random day, next Monday leaving at 09.36. Takes an hour and one minute.

That's what we did like. Book your museum ticket online though as it can be really busy. Easy to sort a train ticket in the station.

Would rather be picked up outside me hotel and have a tour guide take es around. Don't mind paying the price I've paid this time, me lass would rather have the english speaking tour guide anarl as its her first time.

If it’s raining you wil get soaked. I’d not be wanting to travel back by train and like said the guide is worth paying for

You are best to book a restaurant before you go, we went to 3 in 5 days, avoid Moo Moo steak houses, expensive and the steak was a bit meh, The Black duck was excellent, polish cuisine which was lovely and very reasonably priced. But the star of the show was a place called Cyrano de Bergerac, high end french cuisine in a lovely setting, we had 3 courses between us with a bottle of wine and it came to just under a 100 quid including the tip. Have a look on tripadvisor for restaurants in Krakow, there are plenty of reviews.

Can vouch for Cyrano de Bergerac.

Outstanding. One of the best meals we've had, all things considered. The place, the staff, the food. 10/10

Back