Krakow

We are going in January and the Friday Jet2 flight is 7am and then 8/9pm flight on the Monday but then it reverts back to afternoon flight in Feb/March
those times would be spot on , checked from leeds and similar time so No benefit going from there, ryanair even later than jet2

Last edited:

Been about 15 times, go twice a year at least for a break. So many hidden gems. Give me a shout if you need any advice.

Apart from the Bull Pub I can't see how you regularly come across them.

We never notice them on the square, they're never in Kazimierz, never see them in Podgorze or Debniki.

My blog, need to update it as there's a food court on the river which is cracking.

Got to say I much preferred Verona over Milan.

Have you been back to Krakow recently?

We're going in a few weeks time, just a short visit, first day we're doing the Auschwitz tour, and the second day going to have a good look around the city, old town and Jewish quarter.

Do we need to book restaurants for the evenings or can you just walk up, even the good ones? There's 5 of us

And, is it worth getting a guided walking tour for a few hours during the day? I love history and without being totally clued up first I can imagine you'd walk past a lot of things

We're going in a few weeks time, just a short visit, first day we're doing the Auschwitz tour, and the second day going to have a good look around the city, old town and Jewish quarter.

Do we need to book restaurants for the evenings or can you just walk up, even the good ones? There's 5 of us

And, is it worth getting a guided walking tour for a few hours during the day? I love history and without being totally clued up first I can imagine you'd walk past a lot of things
New year last time but just booked up to go Boxing Day. Will reply in the morning, there's a great site with a map of all the historical points/info. I'll try and find the url

Have a look at this for ideas

You are best to book a restaurant before you go, we went to 3 in 5 days, avoid Moo Moo steak houses, expensive and the steak was a bit meh, The Black duck was excellent, polish cuisine which was lovely and very reasonably priced. But the star of the show was a place called Cyrano de Bergerac, high end french cuisine in a lovely setting, we had 3 courses between us with a bottle of wine and it came to just under a 100 quid including the tip. Have a look on tripadvisor for restaurants in Krakow, there are plenty of reviews.

Get tucked into the Israeli bait around Kazimierz. It was a while ago now but we went to Hamsa which was topper.

I posted a response on Page 2 regarding restaurants, doubt they have changed.

Go to Nolio, You won't regret it. - Home - Restauracja NOLIO

Drop me a PM and I'll give you my whatsapp mate and I'll send everything across.

I posted a response on Page 2 regarding restaurants, doubt they have changed.

Go to Nolio, You won't regret it. - Home - Restauracja NOLIO

is that just italian?
You are best to book a restaurant before you go, we went to 3 in 5 days, avoid Moo Moo steak houses, expensive and the steak was a bit meh, The Black duck was excellent, polish cuisine which was lovely and very reasonably priced. But the star of the show was a place called Cyrano de Bergerac, high end french cuisine in a lovely setting, we had 3 courses between us with a bottle of wine and it came to just under a 100 quid including the tip. Have a look on tripadvisor for restaurants in Krakow, there are plenty of reviews.

quite fancy both of them, only thing is they are 30/40 mins walk from our hotel. is the tram system easy to use over there? as it shows 10/15 mins by tram..

cyrano de bergerac looks class

Last edited:
is that just italian?

quite fancy both of them, only thing is they are 30/40 mins walk from our hotel. is the tram system easy to use over there? as it shows 10/15 mins by tram..

cyrano de bergerac looks class
There's plenty of trams but I can't say how easy it is to use them as we walked everywhere and never used them, helped that we were staying close to the main square. Its well worth the trouble to eat there, the food was absolutely stunning mate.

Food to try

1. Zurek – A rich soup soured with fermented rye starter, served with a boiled egg – halved – and a meaty white kiełbasa.

2. Pierogi - unleavened dough with a variety of fillings most places will do a mix of fillings so you can try a few

3. Bigos - a stew with sauerkraut, meat, sausage, delicious.

Who’s everyone used for Auschwitz recently? Heading owa for a long weekend with owa lass and want to book it again as she’s never been. Used Escape2poland last time but the prices seem to have rocketed and it’s £120 for both with a hotel pick up. Can see others for cheaper at £80ish for both with hotel pick up. Some of the reviews seem to say they can change the pick up time the day before from 5.30am-2pm which seems a ballache cos it’s happened to a few but that doesn’t seem to happen with Escape2poland.

Back