Labour plan £8 a hour minimum wage

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on minimum wage I regually push 50 hours a week with over time just to get a few extra quid a week (after it's been taxed to bits that is)

You do what you've got to do, but I do have a major bone to pick with let's pop out a few bairns and make some money considering I'm paying for them.

If working 16 hours a week is enough for you to enjoy your time with bairns remember it's twats like me sacrificing my time so you can afford to.

Fuck welfare reforms scrap the lot and start from scratch. Can't afford to have kids don't have them simples.

I'm on minimum wage I regually push 50 hours a week with over time just to get a few extra quid a week (after it's been taxed to bits that is)

You do what you've got to do, but I do have a major bone to pick with let's pop out a few bairns and make some money considering I'm paying for them.

If working 16 hours a week is enough for you to enjoy your time with bairns remember it's twats like me sacrificing my time so you can afford to.

Fuck welfare reforms scrap the lot and start from scratch. Can't afford to have kids don't have them simples.

Taxed to bits on minimum wage? 20% of the few grand over £10k per year?

So the Tories finally get this country back into growth and Labours bright idea is to basically tax the hell out of small businesses making employing people too expensive? Or am I over simplifying this.

Reactions: JJH
So the Tories finally get this country back into growth and Labours bright idea is to basically tax the hell out of small businesses making employing people too expensive? Or am I over simplifying this.

It works out a extra £1.50 a hour to be phased in over 5 years. I think 'taxing the hell out of small business' is a tad over dramatic

It works out a extra £1.50 a hour to be phased in over 5 years. I think 'taxing the hell out of small business' is a tad over dramatic

Or £60 per week, based on a 40 hour week, per employee of course. Fine if your a big multinational, not so great if your a struggling corner shop, pub or start up business. I would call that a major hit to the economy and indirectly "taxing the hell" out of a small businesses.

But then again it will stop some of the Working Tax Credit payments!!!!

20% Max up to way more than you can earn on minimum wage.

O.K andrewP you always have been a sensible poster so.

I have to work extra hours to make a decent wage sacrificing my free time,

whilst people can just have kids get free child care, and about as much money in benefits as my wage makes, as long as they don't push past 16hours (im guessing said childcare minders are on similar minimum wage) so they have to be paid also.

how the holy shit is that remotely fair??

O.K andrewP you always have been a sensible poster so.

I have to work extra hours to make a decent wage sacrificing my free time,

whilst people can just have kids get free child care, and about as much money in benefits as my wage makes, as long as they don't push past 16hours (im guessing said childcare minders are on similar minimum wage) so they have to be paid also.

how the holy shit is that remotely fair??

you have to work A MINIMUM of 16 hrs + as a single parent, 24 hrs + as a couple, I have 1 child and I was a FULL TIME worker when I had him, I was then made redundant............I've now taken the 1st job I've been fortunate enough to get an interview for, which happened to be for 16 hrs a week - and whilst it doesn't make me much better off financially, it gives me focus, a good work / life balance and improves my self esteem.

you have to work A MINIMUM of 16 hrs + as a single parent, 24 hrs + as a couple, I have 1 child and I was a FULL TIME worker when I had him, I was then made redundant............I've now taken the 1st job I've been fortunate enough to get an interview for, which happened to be for 16 hrs a week - and whilst it doesn't make me much better off financially, it gives me focus, a good work / life balance and improves my self esteem.

Sorry pet it honestly wasn't a personal attack on you, i just get so frustrated at the benefits system. Im glad working helps your self esteem and im happy to pay tax for that but you get those fuckers that just wont work and shit out kids like pebbles to make a living. boils my piss

Sorry pet it honestly wasn't a personal attack on you, i just get so frustrated at the benefits system. Im glad working helps your self esteem and im happy to pay tax for that but you get those fuckers that just wont work and shit out kids like pebbles to make a living. boils my piss

yup, I see them everyday when I drop my son off at school - they'll keep doing it until the old biological clock stops ticking :confused:

And you may meet Mister Right, too. Work romance and all that jazz. :p

And you may meet Mister Right, too. Work romance and all that jazz. :p

doubt it, and I don't think that's ever a good plan as if it all goes "tits up", you still have to work with each other :lol:

Or £60 per week, based on a 40 hour week, per employee of course. Fine if your a big multinational, not so great if your a struggling corner shop, pub or start up business. I would call that a major hit to the economy and indirectly "taxing the hell" out of a small businesses.

But then again it will stop some of the Working Tax Credit payments!!!!

Do you not believe workers deserve inflation pay rises?

Just keeping up with inflation would get us to £7.50 per hour by 2020 anyway.

Exactly, so a extra 50p will be a tiny extra percentage each year. Yet still some people twist like fuck

doubt it, and I don't think that's ever a good plan as if it all goes "tits up", you still have to work with each other :lol:

:lol: A Mister Right Now then, bit of fun but with no strings attached. Eyes meeting in the office canteen across the room over two mugs of coffee, smiles, lovely eyes and a lil' chitter-chatter about nothing making the coffee go down nicely. Who knows where it could lead. :p

:lol: A Mister Right Now then, bit of fun but with no strings attached. Eyes meeting in the office canteen across the room over two mugs of coffee, smiles, lovely eyes and a lil' chitter-chatter about nothing making the coffee go down nicely. Who knows where it could lead. :p

no one will be interested in me alex, there's some bonny, skinny girls in the office ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back