Male Suicide debate on the BBC

That’s not what Moran is saying. I’m not sure where you are getting that from.
That she argues that even though they have it better off than most they have a perception that they don’t.

I’m saying that what really turns blokes off is that when they need a bit of support they’re met with this ‘but women /etc’ attitude. It’s not at all relevant to respond that one demographic is better or worse off than another.

That’s not what Moran is saying. I’m not sure where you are getting that from.
My question would be a philosophical one. What metrics determine what a better or easier life is? Surely it depends what people value in life and want to get out of life?

Society seems to have determined the ability to progress up the corporate ladder and live free from the risk of racial prejudice = social nirvana

I'd seen it yesterday and thought it was an awful example of prejudice that men can face. I asked my wife if she believed some women absolutely refused to believe that men faced any particular issues and she said "absolutely".

We have so much more data now that helps us understand the challenges that particular groups face whether women, people of certain races etc and yes, even men and its clear men face certain issues where they need help.

Yes, the majority of domestic abuse is experienced by women but 25% of domestic abuse victims are men and yet only 4% of domestic abuse support goes to men. This is a very clear example of where men need targeted support. Firstly, most people would be surprised that as many as 1 in 7 men are victims of domestic abuse. Awareness would be helpful. Then there is the stigma that men dont want to admit they are victims of domestic abuse and dont reach out for help.

This is one of many examples of where the specific experience and circumstances of men needs to be understand with a coordinated response accordingly.

You can add to that sexual assault and abuse, suicide, mental health, performance in schools, access to children when seperated from a partner amongst many other topics.

I find her attitude a disgrace.

Be interested to see her reasons, although to be fair to her, she's set her stall out early.
She's very much an advocate of keeping women safe. She reads out the names of every woman who has been murdered in domestic violence each year. It's a harrowing bit of politics
She didn't seem keen on offering any, just assuming bad faith on the other side.

Fox. Did a vid on Twitter, 15 mins. He apologises but says every sane man should run a mile from her and accuses her of misandry and making sexual assault harder to report.
So, the answer to male mental health issues is to hound women who don't understand them?

Interesting this psychotherapy business
Whatever you do Pike, don’t mention the words “male fragility” ;)

Last edited:

Back