May 30th O2 card - PPV but best UK boxing bill for many a year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You tuning in tonight pal?

I am mate; my dad is wanting to watch it surprisingly (he usually just watches the massive fights), so think we'll just get a few cans and buy it. Would have considered going along if I wasn't up here visiting.

:lol:

You watching it mate?

Just watched that interview with Johnson. Jesus.
Can't wait mate, will be glued to the screen from 5. Scran next, then gym at 2, shower, Tesco for some 'treats' (prawns, smoothies, natural nuts etc :lol::lol:) then round to me brothers for 4.30ish.

Can't wait mate, will be glued to the screen from 5. Scran next, then gym at 2, shower, Tesco for some 'treats' (prawns, smoothies, natural nuts etc :lol::lol:) then round to me brothers for 4.30ish.

You haven't trained yet today? Amateur!

Shark Club through Newcastle for me. Beer and chicken wing heaven.

f***ing home advantage :lol:

I know mate! Make them fight in a mosque in Bolton and Floyd will still beat the breaks off him without breaking sweat based on that fight last night.

I know mate! Make them fight in a mosque in Bolton and Floyd will still beat the breaks off him without breaking sweat based on that fight last night.

Didn't get up til after 10 fella after watching Khan. Shark sounds good. Think there'll be 4 or 5 of us at brothers house - they will be having pizza and cans and stuff and i'll be on my gym diet :lol:. I am driving though to be fair.

He'll get beat because he'll be thoroughly outclassed.

Probably mate. But I bet he'd last longer than the hitman.

Brook khan would be a good fight also

Money is good no doubt. But not as good as some make out

So Khan going 11 or 12 rounds against a 38 year old Floyd is a better achievement than Hatton going 10 against a 31 year old Floyd in his prime? :rolleyes::lol::lol:

Money is good no doubt. But not as good as some make out

Mate, just stop watching boxing. Go pick another hobby.

Tough lad Algeri but Khan comfortably won the fight.

Love to see Khan get Mayweather next.

If Khan fights like that against Mayweather then he'll not win a single round, for all of the supposed improvements he's made under Virgil Hunter last night showed that any fighter with a decent skill set and ambition will give Khan problems, if Chris Algieri and Julio Diaz can make him look average then he'll be badly exposed at elite level.

So Khan going 11 or 12 rounds against a 38 year old Floyd is a better achievement than Hatton going 10 against a 31 year old Floyd in his prime? :rolleyes::lol::lol:

Based on last night I reckon that Mayweather would actually stop Khan.

Last edited:
If Khan fights like that against Mayweather then he'll not win a single round, for all of the supposed improvements he's made under Virgil Hunter last night showed that any fighter with a decent skill set and ambition will give Khan problems, if Chris Algieri and Julio Diaz can make him look average then he'll be badly exposed at elite level.

Aye, stop him on the way to the bank to thank him.

Said after Khan's last fight that people were getting too carried away. Obviously I was 'hating' and needed to 'give him some credit'. He hasn't improved as much as people think.

Settle down marra. Don't go too daft.

but but but he looked realy good against Devon Alexander :lol:

Said after Khan's last fight that people were getting too carried away. Obviously I was 'hating' and needed to 'give him some credit'. He hasn't improved as much as people think.

No doubting that he looked excellent against Alexander but the true test of Khan's improvement was always going to come when somebody actually looked to do more than merely survive and if Chris Algieri can have plenty of success against him then that doesn't bode at all well for fights against Brook or Thurman, never mind Floyd.

Why? Because I have a differing opinion? Wind yer neck in mate. Asking someone to stop watching the sport because they don't rate someone as highly as you shows you up to be....well a bit of a prick tbh

Bet you thought Joe Calzage was awesome too?

Hatton was class. Loved him. But was limited. Just like Amir. I like all home grown fighters and wish them all well in their careers. Do I begrudge khan chasing the money to get paid. Absolutely not. Do I think khan has a chance. Probably not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back