May 30th O2 card - PPV but best UK boxing bill for many a year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a very decent card but nowhere near a PPV event mind. Uncle eddie is just like his old man.... ripping off punters.
Yep can understand this feeling but to meii have genuinely not looked forward to a card as much as this one (taking UK time into consideration) so I have no problem chipping in a fiver to my Bro to watch this. I know all about the 'principle' argument as well as I often use that in the past but to me it is a card simply not be be missed. I will watch from 5 but the run from 7pm until 11.30 or so when it finishes is superb imo and I don't there has ever been 3 full world titles defended on one bill on UK shores before.

I also think Ryder Blackwell will steal the show but a lot may miss is as this will be on just after 7 when the cup final is in its closing stages.

going to the o2 tomorrow night to watch this. travelling over from Navy base in Portsmouth to London tomorrow morning.

day on the lash then head to o2 to watch the cup final and the fights.

this man is crazy. always entertaining.

any ideas of approx start times of the various fights?

any ideas of approx start times of the various fights?
  • 16:35
    LUCIEN REID VS ELEMIR RAFAEL
    4 x 3 Mins Super-Bantamweight Contest
  • 17:05
    DAVE RYAN VS JOHN WAYNE HIBBERT
    12 x 3 Mins Commonwealth Light-Welterweight and WBC International Light-Welterweight Championship
  • Followed By
    SCOTT CARDLE VS CRAIG EVANS
    12 x 3 Mins Vacant British Lightweight Championship
  • Followed By
    JOHN RYDER VS NICK BLACKWELL
    12 x 3 Mins Vacant British Middleweight Championship
  • Live Float
    NATHAN CLEVERLY VS TOMAS MAN
    8 x 3 Mins Light-Heavyweight Contest
  • Not Before 19:45
    EVGENY GRADOVICH VS LEE SELBY
    12 x 3 Mins IBF Featherweight Championship
  • Followed By
    JORGE LINARES VS KEVIN MITCHELL
    12 x 3 Mins WBC Lightweight Championship
  • Followed By
    ANTHONY JOSHUA VS KEVIN JOHNSON
    10 x 3 Mins WBC International Heavyweight Championship
  • Followed By
    KELL BROOK VS FRANKIE GAVIN
    12 x 3 Mins IBF Welterweight Championship

going to the o2 tomorrow night to watch this. travelling over from Navy base in Portsmouth to London tomorrow morning.

day on the lash then head to o2 to watch the cup final and the fights.

this man is crazy. always entertaining.

Jealous mate. You getting in for 5pm or watching cup final first? I'm going to the Manchester card.

Last edited:
Any idea of a rough starting time? Debating whether to get up or stay up.

I've heard 3am being branded about, so i'll set the alarm or 2.30 as i missed the Canelo-Kirkland fight last time. Set my alarm switched the TV on and Canelo was just getting announced as the winner :lol:.

I'll go to bed around 11ish, get up for 2.30am watch Khan and have a lie in tomorrow, then get to the gym and go to my bro's for 4.30pm on Saturday. Really pumped for tomorrow's card. All things considered, never looked forward to a card more than this.

Khan didn't look good at all last night IMO, couldn't make a case for Algieri winning but 117-111 is a hugely generous card. If Algieri can find him at will as was the case at times then Khan is getting sparked again as soon as he meets another puncher, for the first time I'd make Brook a favourite against him.

Sky's commentary gets slated and rightly so but fuck me the BoxNation commentary/punditry last night was dreadful.

Khan didn't look good at all last night IMO, couldn't make a case for Algieri winning but 117-111 is a hugely generous card. If Algieri can find him at will as was the case at times then Khan is getting sparked again as soon as he meets another puncher, for the first time I'd make Brook a favourite against him.

Sky's commentary gets slated and rightly so but fuck me the BoxNation commentary/punditry last night was dreadful.

Aye? Yet to see it yet. A few said Kahn lost a little positive publicity over the fight. Though Kahn would have dealt with him comfortably.

Pretty much this. I'm a big Khan fan, but he was getting caught way too easily and he never even threatened to stop the guy who's been on his arse more than his feet in his previous 2 fights.

The Special One needs to come through tonight first marra ;)

Tough lad Algeri but Khan comfortably won the fight.

Love to see Khan get Mayweather next.

:lol::lol::lol:

So would I just for the humiliation.

If he takes that many straight and overhand rights from Chris f***ing Algieri imagine how many times Floyd is gonna hit him.

This lad knars his onions.

He'll get beat because he'll be thoroughly outclassed.

And this lad too. As usual.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back