Middlesbrough season ticket prices

the kids zone is only for a small part of the stadium and is sold out according to my colleague, hard to get tickets in it. He'll pay £717 for what I paid just under £400 this season. Robbing bar stewards them lot.

I'm assuming SAFC's 'early bird' renewal price will be last season's brand new season-card price. So that'll still work out about £21 a game for me and the bairn, which is roughly half the cost of match by match tickets if you get to every game.

We've missed four this season though, suspect with so many potential kick off time changes next season, we'll miss more than that.

Last season's brand new prices:

Logon or register to see this image

So £475 vs. £438 for SEC adult + U16.

I'm assuming SAFC's 'early bird' renewal price will be last season's brand new season-card price. So that'll still work out about £21 a game for me and the bairn, which is roughly half the cost of match by match tickets if you get to every game.

We've missed four this season though, suspect with so many potential kick off time changes next season, we'll miss more than that.

Last season's brand new prices:

So £475 vs. £438 for SEC adult + U16.
I hoyed this in another recent thread up against last season early bird renewals. For someone like you at Boro (who can't get in FZ) it's £666 early bird, £755 new applications but only til March 15th so possibly nearer £800 for their red/blue sections. Also bear in mind 16 & 17 year olds can't go in family zone so groups of young 'uns pay £186 and nearly double our last season EB.

I’m certain if we charged that we wouldn’t be averaging 41,000 a game.

If we did charge that AND average 41,000 we’d see some bigger transfer buys
Some people wouldn't be able to afford those prices and it would hit the numbers attending. Even if we doubled ticket prices, the extra revenue wouldn't be huge compared to PL revenue. At double the cost, we wouldn't average 41,000 so wouldn't double the revenue either.

I think we got £9.5m last set of books in 2021/22 in League One but that was from just over 30,000 fans though that did also include the playoff against Sheff Wed with 44k so probably around £9m for league only taking out cup games also. Doubling the prices across the board wouldn't buy much in the way of a PL player as it would barely pay for a Ross Stewart and his wages. I reckon last season's match day revenue will be between £12-£13m for when it's released in April.

Just looking at your regular kids pricing and it’s high.

One of the reasons why football has done well despite the cost of living crisis is that clubs have priced kids sensibly and therefore it’s stood up well against other things (cinema etc).

Boro seems to have broke away from that and an adult and two kids in the North/south stand is now £45 a match.
For an adult and 2 kids at SOL, it was £23 a game for us in all 4 stands (PC aside) for new applicants last season so possibly same for EB this season. It's nearly half the price of Boro but it's not just Boro as Sheff Wed is £38 cheapest for East stand but then £45 for North & South and nearly £49 for West. Another 'greedy' club as Sheff Wed prices are very expensive!

I love our pricing policy compared to the likes of Boro but it does show why we’re not a “big club” when it comes to finances, especially when we’re outside the premier league cash cow. Attendances alone don’t equate to size of club, certainly not these days.

But I say again, we’re getting it right imo.

I love our pricing policy compared to the likes of Boro but it does show why we’re not a “big club” when it comes to finances, especially when we’re outside the premier league cash cow. Attendances alone don’t equate to size of club, certainly not these days.

But I say again, we’re getting it right imo.
Club needs and is starting to adjust it...think we will see a gradual transition to more realistic ST prices in next few seasons. Gate prices mocing ahead. Paid 35 v Plymouth. Season Ticket prices for U16s should continue to be generous though. We all know that's where you get fans for life.

yep..if safc fans want the club to achieve its potential..they need to pay the prices of a big club..not a small one..
Ticket sale revenue is very small compared to the amount clubs get in TV revenue, especially in the PL. You’re just posting utter shite as always and you don’t even attend games.

Club needs and is starting to adjust it...think we will see a gradual transition to more realistic ST prices in next few seasons. Gate prices mocing ahead. Paid 35 v Plymouth. Season Ticket prices for U16s should continue to be generous though. We all know that's where you get fans for life.
Aye, paid £38 to see us done off Cardiff this season, didn’t feel cheap to me! Don’t begrudge the ST holders getting it cheaper but as a shift worker no way I’m buying a ST. And the KLD / mag fiasco has made it more likely I’ll look to away games rather than home.

In general, clubs aren’t daft when it comes to things like this (although boro seem to be a bit of an outlier outside of their family zone). They knew that they can charge adults £500-£600 a SC but as long as the kids tickets are sensibly priced, it still equates to decent value.

For example, even at Sheff Wed you can get an adult and two kids on the Kop for c£40 a match with a SC. At £13-14 each, that stacks up pretty well against other forms of entertainment (cinema for example).

Back