Middlesbrough season ticket prices

Ticket sale revenue is very small compared to the amount clubs get in TV revenue, especially in the PL. You’re just posting utter shite as always and you don’t even attend games.
it is small but its the area they want to grow..thats why clybs are spending fortunes on expanding their stadiums..they know that while TV revenue is huge..its not really growing in the UK (latest sky deal-despite the hype was a drop) so thats why spurs, chelsea man utd and liverpool-just among the big clubs-have focused on building new stadiums or extending existing stadiums..these owners want money-and they maxed out the TV soide of it..so the next stage is more from fans...the chelsea owners have specifically highlighted this and one of their owners is a property developer..(i have been to stamford bridge three times in the past year or so to attend games)
Spurs spent over a billion on their new stadium (and revenue wise its starting to make a difference..not just in number of fansd attending but in how much each fan spends per visit to the ground)
SAFC is light years awayb (bexauyse of ownership issues not fans issues) from what the premier league teams are doing with theit stadiums..and if SAFC wants to be up there in the top ten in the prem consistently..they will need to improve every aspect of the stadium and generate more rvenue from it..

Do you really think all these hard headed billionaires (most of whom have zero actual interest in football) are building or extending stadiums for the joy of it? Its because they feel thats where the next lot of reveue for clubs will come from..and they can have more control of it than of TV revenue which is negotiated centrally and for which there seems to be just one buyer in the UK...

it is small but its the area they want to grow..thats why clybs are spending fortunes on expanding their stadiums..they know that while TV revenue is huge..its not really growing in the UK (latest sky deal-despite the hype was a drop) so thats why spurs, chelsea man utd and liverpool-just among the big clubs-have focused on building new stadiums or extending existing stadiums..these owners want money-and they maxed out the TV soide of it..so the next stage is more from fans...the chelsea owners have specifically highlighted this and one of their owners is a property developer..(i have been to stamford bridge three times in the past year or so to attend games)
Spurs spent over a billion on their new stadium (and revenue wise its starting to make a difference..not just in number of fansd attending but in how much each fan spends per visit to the ground)
SAFC is light years awayb (bexauyse of ownership issues not fans issues) from what the premier league teams are doing with theit stadiums..and if SAFC wants to be up there in the top ten in the prem consistently..they will need to improve every aspect of the stadium and generate more rvenue from it..

Do you really think all these hard headed billionaires (most of whom have zero actual interest in football) are building or extending stadiums for the joy of it? Its because they feel thats where the next lot of reveue for clubs will come from..and they can have more control of it than of TV revenue which is negotiated centrally and for which there seems to be just one buyer in the UK...
Yes…tv money is peaking.

The top ten are getting further away and frankly very difficult for Safc to get in there. Top 15 maybe more realistic.

Aye, SAFC fans have a shit load of spare cash floating about compared to that there London. Clubs like Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea etc have tickets that cost well into 4 figures and they can also take the piss outta ticket prices as they know people will pay. Up here, although people would pay higher prices there will be a limit that will be lower and you can only take the piss so much before people wouldn't bother.

As I said, even doubling the prices wouldn't be enough to pay for a Ross Stewart and his wages. However doubling the prices would mean the attendances drop so it wouldn't even double revenue anyway. It could also mean less money spent elsewhere due to spending more on tickets alone.

There is no real need to ask match day fans to pay top dollar and take the piss. They need to spend and invest money wisely unlike all the millions they wasted last time in the PL would have paid for STs for everyone for seasons to come. The likes of Rodwell on £3m a year wages for example would have paid for 10,000 adult and kids STs this season.

Last edited:
Fans fault? 🤔

Such is the difference between match-day costs at that club and match-day revenue, said club have actually calculated that they would be financially better off if they paid their supporters £10 per match to stay away, because it would allow them to remove the match-day costs like staff, security and stadium upkeep

Club needs and is starting to adjust it...think we will see a gradual transition to more realistic ST prices in next few seasons. Gate prices mocing ahead. Paid 35 v Plymouth. Season Ticket prices for U16s should continue to be generous though. We all know that's where you get fans for life.
Sunderland are fairly generous with pricing, however have to agree, Sunderland need to get as much revenue as possible to make it to the premiership.
A bigger than normal rise in prices is overdue, if this gets them back in the top flight, it will be well worth it.

Our prices are to be applauded, but the club will be charging as much as think they possibly can, to generate maximum revenue. If they thought charging £200 more but getting 10k less through the turnstiles would generate more income, they'd do it in a heartbeat.

Our prices are to be applauded, but the club will be charging as much as think they possibly can, to generate maximum revenue. If they thought charging £200 more but getting 10k less through the turnstiles would generate more income, they'd do it in a heartbeat.
I think that's coming tbh. Match day prices going up. Think there's more scope to raise season card prices than currently tbh. No one can tell me Boro fans are wealthier.

I think that's coming tbh. Match day prices going up. Think there's more scope to raise season card prices than currently tbh. No one can tell me Boro fans are wealthier.
Definitely not, I work with a few!!

What it might do is effect the numbers, I would love to think we would still get 41k regardless, though I'm not sure. Hopefully KLD can see the value in a full stadium at slightly less overall income, than higher matchday revenue but lower crowds.

What it might do is effect the numbers, I would love to think we would still get 41k regardless, though I'm not sure. Hopefully KLD can see the value in a full stadium at slightly less overall income, than higher matchday revenue but lower crowds.
It's a balancing act, but I think we could. We'll see what happens. Not talking a radical hike, but even just moving with inflation year on year. Someone put up a stat that stated season card prices had barely changed since 1999.

We’ve been spoilt with ours for a long time to be fair, including Donald in that and all the way back to Murray.

I would be surprised if KLD doesn’t want to get near to those prices Boro are charging but just can’t do it in one fell swoop.
I’ve had a season subscription to the Philadelphia Orchestra for over 20 years. The cost always paced inflation one way or another and then next years bill comes in and it’s up 41%! Don’t see myself paying that.
So yes, you’re right, if over the years they pace inflation with a little on top everyone understands.
My issue with the orchestra is I’m a pensioner and where do I go for a raise. End user always takes the hit.

Aye, SAFC fans have a shit load of spare cash floating about compared to that there London. Clubs like Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea etc have tickets that cost well into 4 figures and they can also take the piss outta ticket prices as they know people will pay. Up here, although people would pay higher prices there will be a limit that will be lower and you can only take the piss so much before people wouldn't bother.

As I said, even doubling the prices wouldn't be enough to pay for a Ross Stewart and his wages. However doubling the prices would mean the attendances drop so it wouldn't even double revenue anyway. It could also mean less money spent elsewhere due to spending more on tickets alone.

There is no real need to ask match day fans to pay top dollar and take the piss. They need to spend and invest money wisely unlike all the millions they wasted last time in the PL would have paid for STs for everyone for seasons to come. The likes of Rodwell on £3m a year wages for example would have paid for 10,000 adult and kids STs this season.
oh yes im not saying SAFC should have london prices..but it needs to be at at least the premier league average..
otherwise you cant expect SAFC to compete with london teams...simple..

Fans fault? 🤔

Such is the difference between match-day costs at that club and match-day revenue, said club have actually calculated that they would be financially better off if they paid their supporters £10 per match to stay away, because it would allow them to remove the match-day costs like staff, security and stadium upkeep
That article is such a load of nonsense....

To "remove stadium upkeep" and general match day costs that they are moaning about, they would have to: Ditch their stadiums. Arrive on a match day and cut the grass. Play on a football pitch with nowt around it other than a fence. Have a shower, then clean the showers themselves. Go home for a bite to eat. Same for the officials. The Sky Sports lot can look after themselves.

What it might do is effect the numbers, I would love to think we would still get 41k regardless, though I'm not sure. Hopefully KLD can see the value in a full stadium at slightly less overall income, than higher matchday revenue but lower crowds
of course its a bakancing act and work needs to be done on the elastocity of football ticket prices among supporters of SAFC..

But in the prem teams that charge more get big gates as well...and that keeps them ahead of SAFC in terms of player recruitment etc forever..

We’ve been spoilt with ours for a long time to be fair, including Donald in that and all the way back to Murray.

I would be surprised if KLD doesn’t want to get near to those prices Boro are charging but just can’t do it in one fell swoop.
Think the club announced at a previous RAWA meeting that there would be 10% SC price increases for 3 years a while ago, we've definitely had at least 1 so far. Our prices have been reasonable for decades, but it's been hard for the club to justify raising them, I think as long as we keep improving they will sell them no problem.

Think the club announced at a previous RAWA meeting that there would be 10% SC price increases for 3 years a while ago, we've definitely had at least 1 so far. Our prices have been reasonable for decades, but it's been hard for the club to justify raising them, I think as long as we keep improving they will sell them no problem.
Needs to happen imo.

Back