New Music Releases Thread

Honeyblood tonight for me, bought tickets for Alvvays in Manchester earlier on anarl.

Just listened to Kari Faux's EP from earlier in the year, not bad at all. Gone under the radar quite a bit it seems.

Hookworms have cancelled their gig at the Cluny tonight. :-( Warpaint have just delayed their UK tour until March as well due to family issues. Not a good day for gigs! That's the third gig in about a month that's been cancelled on me.

I don't know if any of you missed it but Sharon Van Etten is touring in April. Playing the Sage hall 2, too. I'm booking up now.

So it's getting towards album of the year time

What have you enjoyed? I will offer up

Mogwai
J Mascis
Ought
East India Youth
Honeyblood
Angel Olsen

Special mentions for
Thom Yorke
Courtney Barnett
Sharon van Etten

Bound to have missed loads

Didn't go as felt like shit.

Regret it now. Mate texted me this morning to say they were good

Ah what a sickener.

My AOTY are probably:

Ought
The Crookes
Happyness
Angel Olsen

Worthy mentions of:

Alvvays
We Cut Corners
Honeyblood
Warpaint

I'll have missed loads, my memory is shocking when it comes to end of the year lists.

Fantastic news to see Let's Buy Happiness deciding to self-release their debut. It's on sale tomorrow from their bandcamp. The north east music scene is far worse off without them.

Deptford Goth's new one is out tomorrow too.

Last edited:
So it's getting towards album of the year time

What have you enjoyed? I will offer up

Mogwai
J Mascis
Ought
East India Youth
Honeyblood
Angel Olsen

Special mentions for
Thom Yorke
Courtney Barnett
Sharon van Etten

Bound to have missed loads

I need to think about this. May post up a list this evening/ Ought. J Mascis, East India Youth, Future Island all on the list. Likewise, Leonard Cohen and Robert Plant.

As for new stuff I've listened to. The Ought EP is good on first listen, Twilight Sad is good (another Twilight Sad album essentially), Half Man Half Biscuit's 'Urge for Offal' is witty. Kevin Morby's new solo album is very good - used to be bassist in Woods. Reminds me of Cass McCombs and, to a degree, Hamilton Leithauser's solo stuff.

I need to think about this. May post up a list this evening/ Ought. J Mascis, East India Youth, Future Island all on the list. Likewise, Leonard Cohen and Robert Plant.

As for new stuff I've listened to. The Ought EP is good on first listen, Twilight Sad is good (another Twilight Sad album essentially), Half Man Half Biscuit's 'Urge for Offal' is witty. Kevin Morby's new solo album is very good - used to be bassist in Woods. Reminds me of Cass McCombs and, to a degree, Hamilton Leithauser's solo stuff.

Didn't know Morby had a new one out. I really enjoyed Harlem River.

I really enjoyed the Kevin Morby album, very good indeed

The Kiasmos album is canny

As for album of the year, I forgot Thurston Moore

I really can't get into them, or their solo stuff for that matter. Not a fan of El P's production.

Love it so far, barely listened to anything else in the past few days. Favourite album of that genre this year probably although been slacking a bit really, can only really think of a few that I've listened to and really enjoyed.

Back