New Music Releases Thread

been listening to Let's Buy Happiness a lot this week... Loving it
Shame you've missed the boat with them. They were a bloody good live band, they played their debut in full during their last gig, the sound they created was really, really good.

Hope they sell enough downloads so they can put out a limited pressing of vinyl and a few CD's. That'd be a nice way for them to end it.

I've gave that Ariel Pink album a go this week. Other than the first song and that one about frogs it's a good listen. I'm enjoying it, it's weird. I did a bit of research on AP because the only thing I'd heard of him was that Twitter fight with Grimes. Turns out he's one fucked up man! :lol:

Shame you've missed the boat with them. They were a bloody good live band, they played their debut in full during their last gig, the sound they created was really, really good.

Hope they sell enough downloads so they can put out a limited pressing of vinyl and a few CD's. That'd be a nice way for them to end it.

I've gave that Ariel Pink album a go this week. Other than the first song and that one about frogs it's a good listen. I'm enjoying it, it's weird. I did a bit of research on AP because the only thing I'd heard of him was that Twitter fight with Grimes. Turns out he's one fucked up man! :lol:
You pick up that free magazine DIY? There's an interview with him in the November one. He does seem a bit mental like.

Bloody great night at the Star & Shadow with Allo Darlin' and Making Marks (from Norway). This song is probably going to be a strong contender for my 'Song Of The Year' (I'm sure they will be very excited about that). Joyous stuff.

Bloody great night at the Star & Shadow with Allo Darlin' and Making Marks (from Norway). This song is probably going to be a strong contender for my 'Song Of The Year' (I'm sure they will be very excited about that). Joyous stuff.

I like the album and this is one of my fave songs on it...but it's one of two of three intances where they emphasise syllables awkwardly just to crowbar the words in, rather than writing the lyrics well to fit the tune. Maybe it's picky but that's always a bugbear of mine (it's not as bad as the Los Campesinos' album for that, but I like that too).

Really enjoyed Allo Darlin' last night. Didn't enjoy getting in at 1am due to them being on 20 mins late.

Making Marks were okay, their Norwegian stuff was good, English not so much. The lead singer was superb.

Was at a Larry Miller gig last night at the Jazz Cafe for the launch of his new album - 'Soldier of the Line'. Have to say the gig was brilliant and the new album has some excellent tracks. Very underrated performer, musician and singer song writer.

One of his heroes is Rory Gallagher and did he a blistering tribute to him ........

They've split! ? f***ing arseholes

They've split! ? f***ing arseholes

:lol: Aye.

Spent a long time trying to find a label that would put out their album but couldn't find anyone so just packed it in. Shame they didn't self-release through a Pledgemusic/kickstarter thing but I can see that they were probably just sick of the industry after all that work and a let down at the end.

Didn't listen to a lot when I was away. Catching up today...

TV On the Radio - solid enough, not one of their best.
Mono - listened to one of the new pair. Excellently Monoesque!
Smith/Brewis - good album!
Dream Police - crackingly good, almost better than The Men!

BBC Music Sound of 2015 list is out, only heard of four :lol: do really like Raury and Slaves though.

• James Bay
  • George The Poet
  • Kwabs
  • Lapsley
  • Rae Morris
  • Novelist
  • Raury
  • Shamir
  • Shura
  • Slaves
  • Soak
  • Stormzy
  • Sunset Sons
  • Wolf Alice
  • Years & Years

BBC Music Sound of 2015 list is out, only heard of four :lol: do really like Raury and Slaves though.

• James Bay
  • George The Poet
  • Kwabs
  • Lapsley
  • Rae Morris
  • Novelist
  • Raury
  • Shamir
  • Shura
  • Slaves
  • Soak
  • Stormzy
  • Sunset Sons
  • Wolf Alice
  • Years & Years

Me too. From what I've heard of those I don't think any are particularly special, I'll probably still go and see Wolf Alice on their tour next year like.

• James Bay
  • George The Poet
  • Kwabs
  • Lapsley
  • Rae Morris
  • Novelist
  • Raury
  • Shamir
  • Shura
  • Slaves
  • Soak
  • Stormzy
  • Sunset Sons
  • Wolf Alice
  • Years & Years

Five for me, I think... Kwabs, Raury, Shamir, Slaves and Wolf Alice. Of those I've heard/heard of , only Raury and Shamir (the two non-British acts) interest me to any degree.

Back