New Music Releases Thread

I've got MNOF and it came with a free live album. They sound dreadful live when recorded. I'd avoid this.

Post War Glamour Girls are playing Pop Recs on Thursday, 7.30pm. I'll be going along. Might go and see them the following day in Newcastle too, they've got an excellent support band on in Tissue Culture who are worth the £5 entry alone. Need to give their album a listen first...[DOUBLEPOST=1395700503][/DOUBLEPOST]

Don't know if you've already got it mate but Norman Records have got a 40% off sale on 4000 records at the minute and you can get the State Hospital EP for £3.50.

Last edited:
I've got MNOF and it came with a free live album. They sound dreadful live when recorded. I'd avoid this.

Post War Glamour Girls are playing Pop Recs on Thursday, 7.30pm. I'll be going along. Might go and see them the following day in Newcastle too, they've got an excellent support band on in Tissue Culture who are worth the £5 entry alone. Need to give their album a listen first...[DOUBLEPOST=1395700503][/DOUBLEPOST]

Don't know if you've already got it mate but Norman Records have got a 40% off sale on 4000 records at the minute and you can get the State Hospital EP for £3.50.
Cheers for that, I'll have a look, thanks brother

Dunno if it's already been mentioned (have kinda lost track of this thread) but I'm very much enjoying 'tomorrow's hits' which is The Men's latest release (sounds a bit rude that, laugh out loud but not really laughing).

In fact, I'd even go as far as to say that it's my favourite album of the year thus far (and, yes, I have got the war on drugs)

Dunno if it's already been mentioned (have kinda lost track of this thread) but I'm very much enjoying 'tomorrow's hits' which is The Men's latest release (sounds a bit rude that, laugh out loud but not really laughing).

In fact, I'd even go as far as to say that it's my favourite album of the year thus far (and, yes, I have got the war on drugs)

I mentioned it in post 1165. Me, that's who mentioned it first. I'd rate it alongside The War On Drugs album.

Got the new Future Islands album yesterday. It's topper. Not sure if it's already been posted like, but this goes down as one of the best Letterman performances I've seen -

- or at least one of the most enthused I've seen him. Bar the time he wanted to fuck Iggy Azalea's brains out.

Listened to Pixies EP3 today - does what it says on the tin (although, slightly disappointed that it includes Bagboy, which we already had out there - also somewhat disappointed that the "new" album doesn't have any new tracks on it)[DOUBLEPOST=1395768668][/DOUBLEPOST]
Like LaP, I loved Boys & Girls in America, also enjoyed Stay Positive. First two albums are okay (some good stuff and some rubbish), Heaven is Whenever was a bit dull though. Good live band...
would pretty much agree with that (except Heaven is Whenever comment - haven't heard that and probs won't now!). they can have great moments (like Chips Ahoy!) and then be really blah the next

Last edited:
Listened to Pixies EP3 today - does what it says on the tin (although, slightly disappointed that it includes Bagboy, which we already had out there - also somewhat disappointed that the "new" album doesn't have any new tracks on it)

That's all a bit disappointing really. Hopefully, the album isn't available at a bargain price as compared to the EPs.

The Horrors latest album is available in the usual places.

Haven't managed to get to a computer to download it yet though.

Just found it on Grooveshark so gonna stick it on now.

Just listened to the Hold Steady. Indeed, very 'meh.' Can't really remember their last record either. Shame.

Mø is poptastic mind. Bloody Scandinavians, eh?

That's all a bit disappointing really. Hopefully, the album isn't available at a bargain price as compared to the EPs.
There's a standard price album on CD, which is just the EP tracks, a vinyl album (more expensive and might be limited - don't recall tbh), and a limited CD (with a bonus live CD and a book of the artwork)

That Post War Glamour Girls album is alright like, decent 7/10. The opener is a cracker, it slowly decreases in quality until the second half where it picks up again and ends with another really good song.

Worth a listen anyway.

Back