New Music Releases Thread

Loving the new Afghan Whigs CD - Do the beast. Also, massively looking forward to seeing them for the first time in Glasgow in July. Been a favourite for many years but never seen them or the Twilight Singers etc.

Afghan Whigs' new album is indeed excellent.

Listened to Horse Thief's debut earlier today. Pleasant enough US indie rock/pop. They're a lot better live though.

Inventions album's pretty good, wouldn't say it's on the level of Explosions In The Sky but good nonetheless. Never listened to Eluvium before either mind.

Just listening to Albarn's album, seems alright so hopefully it's a grower. Looking forward to listening to the new Eels effort soon anarl.

From the last few days, I can only reiterate how good Woods' new album is. Thee Oh Sees newie is a bit ho hum. Smoke Faeries quite lovely.

Woods new one is excellent, given it a couple of listens now and love it...also listened to the Eels, think it will be a definite grower.

Also can't stop listening to the Growlers E.P. that was recommended by Nasum, absolute class

Eels tickets selling quickly at the Sage for those enjoying the new record.

I'm very pleased with Willy Vlautin's new band, Delines's album, 'Colfax'. A bit like Richmond Fontaine (unsurprisingly) with Lucinda Williams singing.

Eels tickets selling quickly at the Sage for those enjoying the new record.

I'm very pleased with Willy Vlautin's new band, Delines's album, 'Colfax'. A bit like Richmond Fontaine (unsurprisingly) with Lucinda Williams singing.

Has that been released now? The track on Uncut's free CD was ages ago.

This week, I've been listening to Eels, as has been mentioned, last year's Hurray for the Riffraff album, "My Dearest Darkest Neighor" and the first Future Islands album, "Wave Like Home". All good but all either not new or already mentioned. Also, Lake Street Dive's "Bad Self Portraits", which is excellent. Reminiscent, to some degree, of Alabama Shakes.

Has that been released now? The track on Uncut's free CD was ages ago.

This week, I've been listening to Eels, as has been mentioned, last year's Hurray for the Riffraff album, "My Dearest Darkest Neighor" and the first Future Islands album, "Wave Like Home". All good but all either not new or already mentioned. Also, Lake Street Dive's "Bad Self Portraits", which is excellent. Reminiscent, to some degree, of Alabama Shakes.
The Delines was a bit average, and I didn't love Lake Street Dive

I thoroughly enjoyed Damon Albarn surprisingly and I'm now listening to Ought, which is very good.

Fennesz is downloaded for tomorrow, expecting big things.

Ought. Lads. Listen to Ought.

Last edited:
Not yet, wasn't over enamoured with the previous album

My two albums of the week are Ought and Albarn.

And I can't stop listening to Angel Olsen, that and Beck are my albums of 2014 to date

I enjoyed it, really like the couple if tracks I've heard from this new one too. Need to give it a go but I've got so much to catch up on at the minute, had a week ban from here and been away all this week so I'm miles behind musically.

Going to give Ought a go tomorrow.

Angel Olsen and Speedy Ortiz have just announced Newcastle dates and I'm going to miss them both by one day. Gutted. :( Especially about Olsen, she's brilliant.

I enjoyed it, really like the couple if tracks I've heard from this new one too. Need to give it a go but I've got so much to catch up on at the minute, had a week ban from here and been away all this week so I'm miles behind musically.

Going to give Ought a go tomorrow.

Angel Olsen and Speedy Ortiz have just announced Newcastle dates and I'm going to miss them both by one day. Gutted. :( Especially about Olsen, she's brilliant.
Speedy Ortiz are meh live

I'm excited about seeing Angel tho

My next gigs are Elephant and East India Youth (again). Then Flaming Lips, Neutral Milk Hotel and Courtney Barnett

Back