New Music Releases Thread

Really need to add a few new bands onto the ipod. Last album I added was Arctic Monkeys latest and generally my ipod most played are still oasis, kasabian, manics , kinks.. Really need a update

Agree, a very impressive live band, very confident and in control from the first song. Most of the people discussed on here lived up to the praise to be honest. I thought East India Youth was absolutely outstanding, in what was my preferred stage, the Walled Garden. Adult Jazz, Lanterns On The Lake and Samantha Crain were also in top form there. Elsewhere Sun Kil Moon, Jonathan Wilson, War On Drugs, First Aid Kit, Sharon Van Etten and Bill Callahan were highlights on the Mountain Stage, with Pictish Trail, Samaris and the good old Waterboys being my favourites in the Far Out Tent.

Fantastic weekend all round, not least because unlike my previous visit 4 years ago, it hardly rained at all. Food options probably outshone End Of The Road and the choice of 99 Welsh ales and ciders was hard to beat! Personal non-musical highlights for me were my team coming 2nd in the Pete Paphides/Bob Stanley Music Quiz and bumping into First Aid Kit watching Anna Calvi and turning into a bumbling teenager while I tried to take their photo!

I think that was the worst festival weather I've ever encountered. The previous year at Green Man had been almost as bad but the weather relented at times. Sounds like a cracking weekend! I'm quite jealous of you seeing Sun Kil Moon as Mark Kozalek has pulled out of End of the Road.

I think that was the worst festival weather I've ever encountered. The previous year at Green Man had been almost as bad but the weather relented at times. Sounds like a cracking weekend! I'm quite jealous of you seeing Sun Kil Moon as Mark Kozalek has pulled out of End of the Road.

I'm waiting for that bastard to play further north than bloody Nottingham. :(

Agree, a very impressive live band, very confident and in control from the first song. Most of the people discussed on here lived up to the praise to be honest. I thought East India Youth was absolutely outstanding, in what was my preferred stage, the Walled Garden. Adult Jazz, Lanterns On The Lake and Samantha Crain were also in top form there. Elsewhere Sun Kil Moon, Jonathan Wilson, War On Drugs, First Aid Kit, Sharon Van Etten and Bill Callahan were highlights on the Mountain Stage, with Pictish Trail, Samaris and the good old Waterboys being my favourites in the Far Out Tent.

Fantastic weekend all round, not least because unlike my previous visit 4 years ago, it hardly rained at all. Food options probably outshone End Of The Road and the choice of 99 Welsh ales and ciders was hard to beat! Personal non-musical highlights for me were my team coming 2nd in the Pete Paphides/Bob Stanley Music Quiz and bumping into First Aid Kit watching Anna Calvi and turning into a bumbling teenager while I tried to take their photo!

Logon or register to see this image

A few more snaps here: Green Man 2014

Lovely pair of boilers them. I had a similar freak-out with Charlotte Church by the Far-Out Stage. Ended up doing shots with her :lol:

There's a few cracking tracks thrown in, but as an album on the whole its a shame to say this but I agree. Not a patch on Handwritten or even Fallon's side project The Horrible Crowes

Agree with that, and I thought Handwritten was their worst record to date, despite having some great songs on it.

I'm quite jealous of you seeing Sun Kil Moon as Mark Kozalek has pulled out of End of the Road.

He was absolutely mesmerising, imho, but is definitely a Marmite kind of artist as opinions within my own small circle varied from 'Best act of the festival' to 'boring self-indulgent shite'. Early on he mentioned how happy he was that Jabberwocky was cancelled as he was knackered and needed a break and was just going to 'hang out tomorrow with you guys' though I didn't see him wandering around - I was keeping a close eye on the Rough Trade tent's list of performances/signings. He sat and played guitar a couple of times but mostly just stood and sang, swigging from a bottle of what looked like vodka. Did a lot of 'Benji' and didn't seem to have any trouble remembering all those lyrics though - some of those songs crack me up ('Dogs'!) though I'm not sure they're meant to but his patter made me laugh too. My better half mentioned that he seemed to sing a lot about his grandma, along with the rest of his family, but she did wonder if it was just the same song sung a bit slower!

He was absolutely mesmerising, imho, but is definitely a Marmite kind of artist as opinions within my own small circle varied from 'Best act of the festival' to 'boring self-indulgent shite'. Early on he mentioned how happy he was that Jabberwocky was cancelled as he was knackered and needed a break and was just going to 'hang out tomorrow with you guys' though I didn't see him wandering around - I was keeping a close eye on the Rough Trade tent's list of performances/signings. He sat and played guitar a couple of times but mostly just stood and sang, swigging from a bottle of what looked like vodka. Did a lot of 'Benji' and didn't seem to have any trouble remembering all those lyrics though - some of those songs crack me up ('Dogs'!) though I'm not sure they're meant to but his patter made me laugh too. My better half mentioned that he seemed to sing a lot about his grandma, along with the rest of his family, but she did wonder if it was just the same song sung a bit slower!

Yeah, he does seem a bit Marmite. I'd love to see him playing/performing Perils from the Sea with Jimmy Lavelle.

Except by US critics. Didn't metacritic work out that they were the most praised band based on album review scores?
The new album was certainly getting heavy praise in Rolling Stone the other day

I fancy Throwing Muses at Holmfirth next month, has anyone heard if they're still any good?
Last year's album, something like Paradise / Purgatory, was pretty good - a lot of very short tracks on it (I think around 30)

Back