New Star Trek film

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agreed but not as good as he thinks he's been, he has a smugness about everything he does like he's just thinking "i'm f***ing excellent at this" as he's doing it. I can see it in his eyes. Bet he really enjoys the smell of his own farts more than any normal person should.
Can't say I've got that impression like.

:lol: not possible - ye canna defy the laws of physics, Hettie
Someone's been sniffing Romulan Ale.

He is best known for having co-written and starred in...Shaun of the Dead (2004),Hot Fuzz (2007), and The World's End (2013), and the comedy series Spaced (1999–2001), all of them directed by his friend Edgar Wright.

And if that doesn't qualify him to co-write the 50th anniversary fillum of the world's favourite sci-fi franchise then my name isn't Whitney Houston-Spock.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhh, good old Troi. OIC The Bastard Obvious.

the Enterprise is rocked by disruptor fire - 'I'm sensing great hostility Captain'

Pegg could be an inspired choice to co-write imho, he certainly knows how to do an ensemble piece, rather than it being the Kirk And Spock show with the rest relegated to barely appearing. He's got good sci-fi credentials and can do the people stuff, which is what made the first new Trek such a hit.

What are these sci-fi credentials then? Being in a comedy zombie romp?

By "writer for years" do you mean "co-writer for 5 comedy fillums, all directed by his mate"?

Ie..hoyed a joke in here and there?
He also co-wrote Spaced before that and Judging by the train wreck that is Up The Women, Simon Pegg was the talented one in that partnrship

I thought the 2009 Star Trek was promising but Into Darkness was a let down. It was lazy and copied so much from Wrath of Kahn.

There's very little original ideas anymore.

A few years ago I watched through the original series, some channel was showing it all, and I had forgotten just how repetitive it was. Fly to a location, Kirk, Spock and McCoy beam down to a planet. Kirk or McCoy pull alien bird (or once even Spock) who then turns out to be not what she first appears, resolve situation, beam back up, share bad joke on bridge.

Many of the scripts for the first two series of TNG were originally written for TOS, but then just revamped. I think after that the plots started to get better. There were some cracking episodes on the TNG (Best Of Both Worlds) but sadly for every good one there was a very slow bad one, or worse a Luxwana Troi one.

A few years ago I watched through the original series, some channel was showing it all, and I had forgotten just how repetitive it was. Fly to a location, Kirk, Spock and McCoy beam down to a planet. Kirk or McCoy pull alien bird (or once even Spock) who then turns out to be not what she first appears, resolve situation, beam back up, share bad joke on bridge.

Many of the scripts for the first two series of TNG were originally written for TOS, but then just revamped. I think after that the plots started to get better. There were some cracking episodes on the TNG (Best Of Both Worlds) but sadly for every good one there was a very slow bad one, or worse a Luxwana Troi one.
It was the holodeck ones that drove me batty.

I'm sticking with me law of 12. Each Star Trek franchise has 12 good episodes and the rest are dull. Apart from DS9 which was shit from start to finish.

Many of the scripts for the first two series of TNG were originally written for TOS, but then just revamped.

It was only half a dozen at most, and they were reheated from the aborted Star Trek Phase 2, and even then only due to the writer's strike in 1988.

It was only half a dozen at most, and they were reheated from the aborted Star Trek Phase 2, and even then only due to the writer's strike in 1988.
Is the right answer. And they were rotten anarl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back