Nirvana.

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I first heard Teen Spirit on the radio late one night I had to pull over and just sit and listen to it. Amazing song, still to this very day.
Unfortunately spawned a whole generation of sub standard copyists.
The box set version of Nevermind has some interesting alternate versions and mixes of songs that made the original album.

Off to see Montage of heck on Monday and was wondering what people thought of nirvana. Personally I think they were brilliant. This being one of their better songs...

Off to see Montage of heck on Monday and was wondering what people thought of nirvana. Personally I think they were brilliant. This being one of their better songs...

Overrated band. Only considered as one of the great's solely due to Kurn Cobains suicide. IMO of course

When I first heard Teen Spirit on the radio late one night I had to pull over and just sit and listen to it. Amazing song, still to this very day.
The box set version of Nevermind has some interesting alternate versions and mixes of songs that made the original album.
You pulled over?

What the fuck man you must have looked a right bellend? :lol:

Overrated band. Only considered as one of the great's solely due to Kurn Cobains suicide. IMO of course
Not for me. I can understand why you would detest them but I simply like their music. Him killing himself has nowt to do with it. I'm 37 like.

I need to know more of this. Where did you pull over?

Not for me. I can understand why you would detest them but I simply like their music. Him killing himself has nowt to do with it. I'm 37 like.

I don't detest them, i like a couple of their songs. I'm just of the firm opinion that if Kurt Cobain hadn't snuffed it then they would have no where near the pop culture status that they do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shite. I remember where I was when I heard about his death like. Koochini's, waiting for my double burger.

I don't detest them, i like a couple of their songs. I'm just of the firm opinion that if Kurt Cobain hadn't snuffed it then they would have no where near the pop culture status that they do.
Well they would. They were massively popular before he died.

They were huge before his suicide. That has nothing to do with their popularity.

No doubt it creates a great story, but they released some incredible music.

Aye helps keep a legacy in tact though, Kurt will always be remembered as 27 a man at the peak of his powers... No chance for him to run out of steam and churn out mediocre self indulgent crap doing shows just for a pay cheque

They were huge at the time of his death so I'm not sure how you've come to that conclusion.

Aye helps keep a legacy in tact though, Kurt will always be remembered as 27 a man at the peak of his powers... No chance for him to run out of steam and churn out mediocre self indulgent crap doing shoes just for a pay cheque

I couldn't see them turning into a Rolling Stones.

I need to know more of this. Where did you pull over?

Somewhere around Thinford if I recall correctly, it was just before the album came out and I was on my way home and flicked the radio on and that came on and after the first chorus, I just had to stop and give it my full attention. I just love it when music does that to you, makes you just stop and listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back