Nirvana.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truly amazing band. Was obsessed with them from the age of 13-16 (32 now) then always had a bit of a thing that adults shouldn't enjoy them. Thought that it's a almost sacred thing for the kids that should be left alone

Then listened to the In Utero remastered album recently and sparked up that obsession again. Absolutely brilliant. That voice...

Truly amazing band. Was obsessed with them from the age of 13-16 (32 now) then always had a bit of a thing that adults shouldn't enjoy them. Thought that it's a almost sacred thing for the kids that should be left alone

Then listened to the In Utero remastered album recently and sparked up that obsession again. Absolutely brilliant. That voice...

Good post.

This is a truly brilliant thing to watch.

Paul McCartney was a massive fan, he said the artist he wished he could have made music with was Kurt Cobain - there's no telling where the band would be now if he was still alive tbf.
Wasn't he due to record an album with Michael Stipe too?

Bowie was a fan too "I was simply blown away when I found that Kurt Cobain liked my work, and have always wanted to talk to him about his reasons for covering The Man Who Sold the World" and that "it was a good straight forward rendition and sounded somehow very honest. It would have been nice to have worked with him, but just talking with him would have been real cool"

Wasn't he due to record an album with Michael Stipe too?

Bowie was a fan too "I was simply blown away when I found that Kurt Cobain liked my work, and have always wanted to talk to him about his reasons for covering The Man Who Sold the World" and that "it was a good straight forward rendition and sounded somehow very honest. It would have been nice to have worked with him, but just talking with him would have been real cool"
Because they knew Kurt Cobain was the "real deal" chick, as I did too - broke my heart when he died, it really did.

I adore that song, I'd like it playing at my funeral.

Loved them in my teens but not as much now. Still think they are good mind. Love the post Nevermind stuff and their MTV acoustic performance was superb and them at their very best.

Loved them in my teens but not as much now. Still think they are good mind. Love the post Nevermind stuff and their MTV acoustic performance was superb and them at their very best.
I would have given my left tit to have been in the audience for the MTV unplugged session, wonderful stuff, watching it again now.

Incredible. It's the sharp in take of breath on Where Did You Sleep before the last line that always got me

I hate the conversation of, waste of talent and that. He'd probably just be a Eddie Vedder or Michael Stipe. Fade away as opposed to burn out.
His words, he didn't have it in him to be "Freddie Mercury", he wasn't "the big show man" everyone wanted him to be.

His words, he didn't have it in him to be "Freddie Mercury", he wasn't "the big show man" everyone wanted him to be.

Them words spoke to me at 13 in artist self sacrificing himself for his art.

As a father at 32 they are the words of a grown man with mental problems and a crippling heroin addiction

I'd never belittle the issues that any person goes through who, especially those who end up suicidal. But the excuse of having to "be" a rock star when you are a father doesn't wash with me

Them words spoke to me at 13 in artist self sacrificing himself for his art.

As a father at 32 they are the words of a grown man with mental problems and a crippling heroin addiction

I'd never belittle the issues that any person goes through who, especially those who end up suicidal. But the excuse of having to "be" a rock star when you are a father doesn't wash with me
He also had a crippling back problem that led to self medicating with stronger and stronger pain medication - heroin was obviously the drug that helped the most but cost him his life.

He also had a crippling back problem that led to self medicating with stronger and stronger pain medication - heroin was obviously the drug that helped the most but cost him his life.

If Courtney was my missus I'd have done myself in as well.

Bit towards the end of Jesus Sunbeam too where he just stares towards nothingness.

For a few seconds he looks like the most haunting lost human being I think I've ever seen...

Yep. The guy is hollow, almost ghost like at times but it all adds to it. Its a stunning performance.

Incredible. It's the sharp in take of breath on Where Did You Sleep before the last line that always got me

I hate the conversation of, waste of talent and that. He'd probably just be a Eddie Vedder or Michael Stipe. Fade away as opposed to burn out.

Same as any great artist. They have their time and place. Live long enough and invariably they produce stuff that's not relevant or good enough and it counts against their overall collection.

Mate, I've read Nirvana book there is. That condition might have been somewhere in the explanation but at the end of day he was a smack head who couldn't kick the habit.

Many many more factors in place and I'd be a prick to assume I knew what was going on inside head of young man who I've never met. But let's not dress these things up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back