Nostalgic photos thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have a few. This one is of Deptford Junction in 1977 with Pyrex ahead of me and Ayres Quay gasworks behind me. The severed tracks off to the left went to Lambton Staithes and were closed in 1967 together with the signalbox which was in the recess on the left of the bridge. The lines on the right led to the Gasworks, Johnson's Coal Depot and the Pyrex warehouse.
Logon or register to see this image

Deptford Junction 1977 par PinzaC55, on ipernity
Good 1967 photo here. http://www.bluebell-railway-museum.co.uk/archive/photos/jjs/b09/9-105-16.htm

This is another from 1977 showing the line going off to the Pyrex warehouse on the right. It used to be worked by an 08 shunter with a couple of 12 ton vans. They would leave the vans in Pallion yard and run them down there later in the day. I think the track to the warehouse closed about 1975 or 76.

Deptford Junction 13.11.77
par PinzaC55, on ipernity
That must be right next to where me da's scrapyard was.

I have that sinclar user somewhere, whats more I traced the ghostbuster thing and used it for an art project at school (might still even have it somewhere, if I do might scan it in and upload it).
Had the JSW codes, but a copy of em, also bought a currah microspeech (think I binned it when I moved a few year ago) which I got at comet (which is now where falcon computers (useless twats imo) is)

I took this pic of the derelict Millfield Cinema in 2004 on my mobile phone which would cost about £1.50 now. Nice that it didn't get pulled down.

Millfield Cinema par PinzaC55, on ipernity

If you look on the side of that building, from the bridge, you can see the original outline/paintwork from where the old railway station building used to be that was on the bridge...

The Grand Hotel.

Sunderland would be such a nice place if our leaders had not destroyed most of its heritage....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back