Oscar Pistorius verdict

Status
Not open for further replies.

It is true, but of course there's exceptions.

I think the law may have been changed since then, but there was never any charge of causing serious injury by careless/reckless/dangerous driving. There may be now, I'm not sure.

I think the law may have been changed since then, but there was never any charge of causing serious injury by careless/reckless/dangerous driving. There may be now, I'm not sure.

There was a massive shift towards hammering the driver and treating them almost like a murderer when Blair enacted his anti-car policies.

Don't get me wrong - death caused by blantantly stupid and reckless behaviour should be severely punished, but serving any prison time for an accident seems harsh. We're not perfect, there will always be deaths on the roads. That's why I drive defensively and treat every other car as a potential threat. I never take it for granted that the other driver will necessarily be predictable, and that has served me well for a long time now.

Actually, I just had an Audi pull out in front of me on Doxy industrial estate this afternoon. 60mph zone, stupid bastard pulled out slowly when I'm 50 yards away from him, straight into the outside lane. Luckily I expected it and was already taking evasive action. If I'd kneejerked and moved into the outside lane to go round him, there'd have been a collision. No question.

There was a massive shift towards hammering the driver and treating them almost like a murderer when Blair enacted his anti-car policies.

Don't get me wrong - death caused by blantantly stupid and reckless behaviour should be severely punished, but serving any prison time for an accident seems harsh. We're not perfect, there will always be deaths on the roads. That's why I drive defensively and treat every other car as a potential threat. I never take it for granted that the other driver will necessarily be predictable, and that has served me well for a long time now.

Actually, I just had an Audi pull out in front of me on Doxy industrial estate this afternoon. 60mph zone, stupid bastard pulled out slowly when I'm 50 yards away from him, straight into the outside lane. Luckily I expected it and was already taking evasive action. If I'd kneejerked and moved into the outside lane to go round him, there'd have been a collision. No question.

lucky you , marra

apparently Stumpy Mcstumpster has been crying himself to sleep - good, hopefully he learns that shooting fuck out of your woman isn't acceptable behaviour :confused::mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back