Oscar Pistorius verdict

Status
Not open for further replies.
He had a gun because he was terrified about his lack of mobility if an intruder came into his home
Accidentally shot his girlfriend

Now I know he has deep psychological problems about having no legs and should have sought counselling long before before he that grave error he has to live with for the rest of his life which destroyed a family, but he is hardly a monster :confused:

Accidentally shot her four times through a locked bathroom door....yep.

Shocking decision. He's virtually got away with murder, will make a pile of money from it to boot and live in luxury for the rest of his life. Justice ? It's a bloody joke.

Accidentally shot her four times through a locked bathroom door....yep.

Apparently bathroom door sales have just increased fourfold since the verdict and final sentence have been announced.

The aftermath has to be relevant or he would be charged with another offence.

Someone has lost their whole life and the person responsible should be seen to pay for this.

If I pointed a laser pen at a plane and blinded the pilot I would receive a prison sentence.

If the pilot was blinded and he crashed the plane killing everyone on board, do you not think I should receive a slightly heavier sentence?

Slightly, yes. I didn't say entirely based on actions and not at all based on outcomes

I'm just making a point about cause and effect. You can kill someone with an action that could 1000X more likely cause not even a scratch. Would you imprison someone for a push?
My mate's cousin got pushed over outside a club, fell, landed on a curb and died. It clearly wasn't the outcome you'd expect.
Yes, the family would feel they deserve justice. But should the lad who pushed really end up in prison for it? I think not.

He had a gun because he was terrified about his lack of mobility if an intruder came into his home
Accidentally shot his girlfriend

Now I know he has deep psychological problems about having no legs and should have sought counselling long before before he that grave error he has to live with for the rest of his life which destroyed a family, but he is hardly a monster :confused:

:D

He's f***ing psychotic man. If this was 25 years ago he'd be routinely duck-hunting kaffirs. Should have chucked away the key on the loon.

If you push someone away, 999,999 times out of a million, they will not die.
1 in a million they will trip, and smash their head on a curb.
10 months in prison for a push ?

Its the action that is relevant, not just the outcome. He shot at the person, that's the important part.

I completely agree with you.

As an aside, the above concept doesn't apply to motorists in the UK. They seem to be sentenced on the outcome of their actions, rather than any intent or recklessness.
Misjudge a bend, roll the car and your passenger is OK, probably no action. Passenger dies, you could get 7 years.

Never really understood that. It seems you can deliberately kill someone and serve less time than a motorist accidentally causing a death.
Anyone can cause a fatal accident, you only have to take your eyes off the road for a split second or make one mistake. 99.999% of people will get away with it and think they're great drivers, but a tiny minority don't and end up being lambasted by the lucky ones.

Reactions: PTR

As an aside, the above concept doesn't apply to motorists in the UK. They seem to be sentenced on the outcome of their actions, rather than any intent or recklessness.
Misjudge a bend, roll the car and your passenger is OK, probably no action. Passenger dies, you could get 7 years.

Never really understood that. It seems you can deliberately kill someone and serve less time than a motorist accidentally causing a death.
Anyone can cause a fatal accident, you only have to take your eyes off the road for a split second or make one mistake. 99.999% of people will get away with it and think they're great drivers, but a tiny minority don't and end up being lambasted by the lucky ones.

You see my point exactly.

People are punished for their luck, more often than not.

Even the driving test works this way. Fuck up on your own = minor, but heaven forbid you do it when another car is around - that's a fail. Crackers.

Anyone can cause a fatal accident, you only have to take your eyes off the road for a split second or make one mistake.
That's a great incentive to drive carefully so that if you do get distracted - a.k.a. driving without due care and attention - it is unlikely to be fatal because of your speed or driving recklessly in a crowded area or on roads you are unfamiliar with, for example.

I cannot get past the idea he didn't shout at whoever was in the toilet before firing.

He's a murderer.

he claimed he shouted 'Get out of my f***ing house!'

he offered this information voluntarily and it was never corroborated, I'd imagine he did shout it, but not to an 'intruder' and he was simply covering himself in case anyone had heard him.

its totally sickening he'll only get a hospital gym for 1o months while he writes his best seller. I also found it very strange the Steenkamps said they were satisfied justice had been done, hopefully there is something in the pipeline.

not true, a friend of mine was paralysed in a crash and the driver who caused it received a £90 fine and 3 points for careless driving.

Last edited:
I also found it very strange the Steenkamps said they were satisfied justice had been done, hopefully there is something in the pipeline.

He's totally skint, apparently. Had to sell his car and can't afford his legal bills.

For the family, the court found him guilty of illegally killing her, and sent him to prison. That pretty much ticks all the boxes other than "rot in hell for life".

He's totally skint, apparently. Had to sell his car and can't afford his legal bills.

For the family, the court found him guilty of illegally killing her, and sent him to prison. That pretty much ticks all the boxes other than "rot in hell for life".

sorted then.

got off lightly in my opinion, he murdered that girl regardless of what anyone says, no justice for Reeva - it stinks ! :mad:

I cannot get past the idea he didn't shout at whoever was in the toilet before firing.

He's a murderer.

In all probability he did and no doubt already knew full well who was in there.

Murderer.

Erm the judge said that he did know what he was doing, that he knew there was someone in the small toilet cubicle and by firing four shots through the door into the cubicle that he was bound to hit what/who was in there.
He's got away with murder.
I meant knew what he was doing as in killing his girlfriend. I've no doubt he tried to kill an intruder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back