Our wort ever top level strikeforce?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was thinking back to when I was trudging back to the train after we got relegated at Selhurst Park and saying to my fatha, well, its hardly suprising, craig Russell only scored 4 all season and Stewart was his strike partner.

That was a bad strike force but id love craig Russell now.

Graham, Jozy, Fletcher and Wickham. 30 million quid for maybe 15 goals this season. It is certainly our worst coals per pound combo. Any other strikeforces from years gone by that was this bad?
Didn't get that much of a run out really.

We persisted with Stewart and David Kelly a lot of the time.

My vote would be Andy Gray and Jonathan Stead.

back it up with stats man....what they get?

Was Howey up front for us? I remember him from the Fulwell, a dark distant memory. I would have Don Goodman back in a second now.
'Lee Howey, Lee Howey, your brother is a ****'...was the chant at the time IIRC.

David Buchannan was canny shite.

be surprised if they get 15 goals between them

we are 3 players short and it is obv. to see

a ball playing cm like Ki
that wide left forward which was Borini
and we lack that class up top that grabs us a winner even when we don't deserve it. They are not easy to find though, we have only had 2 (Super Kev & Bent) in the last what 16-17years?

must solve 2 of those problems in January, I like Wickham but have no confidence at all in the other 3, they will be gone this time next year

100% agree

Our supply line and having 9 men defending in our own half at all times would make most strikers look even worse than they are.

It was - he was awful for us. When we got relegated in 1970, Gordon Harris (Grandad!) was our top scorer with 7 goals and I thought that was abysmal then, but I'm not sure we've even got a 7-goal a season player in the team now
Wiki says 12 goals in 40 apps for Baker, fuckin goal machine compared to our latest crop!

We've always had worse. Just don't want to remember all the dross over the decades right at this moment. f***ing depressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back