People who dont think London is tremendous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

I lived in High garth for a couple of years. It was great.

The big garths have been flattened.

The standard at which you liv. The quality of life Oop North is much higher on comparable wages.

Public transport is spot on if you live near a Metro.

That's the problem though. Most people, certainly in sunderland, don't live near to a metro station. Even if you do they only run every 15 minutes or so, not exactly a regular service is it

I like multiculturalism. I like dirty cities. Fantastic place!

Better than spanking clean dull places where every fucker is the same.
Leave Milton Keynes out of this....there's still explorers trying to get round half of the roundabouts. Who was it who said "When a man is tired of London he is tired of life" - Samuel Johnson I think....great quote.

Salisbury mate.
?
Sunderland is a far better IMHO marra. Close to a beach, better shops/restaraunts and bars, less squaddies, traffic is utterly shite in Salisbury too - I contemplated living there but nar, there's nowhere in Wiltshire IMO better than sunderland.
The others may do, but I am a bit sceptical on Kent, though I don't really know it. Been to Canterbury and whitstable which are both ok but very small, and other than that isn't the rest of Kent a shithole?

Sunderland is a far better IMHO marra. Close to a beach, better shops/restaraunts and bars, less squaddies, traffic is utterly shite in Salisbury too - I contemplated living there but nar, there's nowhere in Wiltshire IMO better than sunderland.
The others may do, but I am a bit sceptical on Kent, though I don't really know it. Been to Canterbury and whitstable which are both ok but very small, and other than that isn't the rest of Kent a shithole?

Far from it.

Yeah, except that's in Sunderland mate, and I'm from Sunderland and know Hendon to be a shit hole. My cousin lives in Kingston-upon-Thames and comments that Walthamstow's a shithole (where I live) and she's quite right. But when she says "is it okay living there though?" and I say "it's fine aye" she doesn't tell me I'm wrong or start kicking off. :lol:

It's just an easy response for people who lack imagination marra.
Patronising ****.

And you.

I like going down for some of the restaurants, they've got a TGIs to die for.

The landmarks are a bit boring but the museums are some of the best like, before the bairn we'd go down, have wander round some new exhibits (not modern art because that's for ultra hipster idiots) then get drunk and i'd eat more than is healthy.

The bloke who played the sax solo on Baker Street has died, Ralphy Ravenscroft, he got paid £27 for it apparently. You dinnit get sax solos on songs about Fawcett St now do you?
Plus its only £5 to see The Fall in London next month. You dinnit get The Fall in Sunlun for £5 now do you? Who says theres nowt to do in London for the impoverished eh? eh? eh? Even skint session musos could afford that........if they were tone deaf and had no musical taste whatsoever.

I used that chauffeur parking at Gatwick last week. same price as long stay parking and you drive up get out and they take your keys. on the way back they drive up you take the car and offski. great system.
Check your milage next time you use this service - heard rumours they use your car. The long stay parking is fine - takes about five mins park(ing) to terminal. Your car is locked and you keep the key.

I spent 11 years there and loved it but I was ready to get out. One mans feast is another mans famine. It's got fantastic transport, eateries, pubs, jobs, people and things to do but the traffic and thieving boils my pizz.

I live in London and love it and hate it in equal measure. It is a world class city with a 24 hour life. I love the people and it feels like "home" when I return from anywhere further afield. Loads to see and do.

I also think it is big, dirty and expensive. I hate the fact that you probably have to drive for over an hour to get out of London. The M25 and other routes on a wet Friday night are no fun at all.

Not hurrying to leave curently but may well do in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back