Pro's and Con's of sacking off a motor

Status
Not open for further replies.
we looked at getting rid of one of the cars with the missus about to go off on a year long maternity leave but with me doing a 110 mile round trip to the office everyday I didn't want to leave her having to piss about with the baby and pram and stuff on public transport - especially in the winter months

Oof! Canny commute that like mate.

@Sebasaurus II will be having a wank just thinking about it mind.

Fuck that. I like my bit quiet time in the car to and from work. Sitting next to some minger sneezing all over you or standing waiting for a bus and metro, sounds awful. Is there not somewhere else you could look to make savings? Ditch Sky or one less night out a week or something?

I used to bus into work. I spent as much in the newsagents and bakers as I did on bus fares, so ended up getting another car.

I went without a car for a year once because I lived and worked in the toon.

Realised how much I'd missed it when I got a job that came with a car. Trips to the shops and all that shite.

we looked at getting rid of one of the cars with the missus about to go off on a year long maternity leave but with me doing a 110 mile round trip to the office everyday I didn't want to leave her having to piss about with the baby and pram and stuff on public transport - especially in the winter months

:eek:

Why don't you live closer to the office mate?

That's the same as someone in Sunderland driving to Ripon and back for work every day!

Bus from there and then metro? Fuck that.

Used to get the metro to Newcastle but I lived 10 mins walk from SoL. If i'd had to get another form of public transport first I wouldn't have bothered.

Public transport in the north is is pretty shite.

I don't agree at all. The north-east has comparatively one of the best public transport networks in the country in my opinion. A metro system that runs between the two major cities and an international airport, and bus services that interconnect everywhere in between.

I've lived in other areas and you quickly realise just how good our public transport network is up here.

I just wish we had a monorail.

I don't agree at all. The north-east has comparatively one of the best public transport networks in the country in my opinion. A metro system that runs between the two major cities and an international airport, and bus services that interconnect everywhere in between.

I've lived in other areas and you quickly realise just how good our public transport network is up here.

I just wish we had a monorail.
Oh well having lived in several other areas I disagree. I think it's shite.

Oh well having lived in several other areas I disagree. I think it's shite.

Right with you there, Bob.

The Tyne and Wear area is well served (as should be expected given the population density and attractions) but County Durham is very poorly served, particularly in the Rural West.

Right with you there, Bob.

The Tyne and Wear area is well served (as should be expected given the population density and attractions) but County Durham is very poorly served, particularly in the Rural West.
Keeps the wooly backs in the hills.

:eek:

Why don't you live closer to the office mate?

That's the same as someone in Sunderland driving to Ripon and back for work every day!

I like where i live marra, the missus works close to home as well. For the sake of a 35-40 min drive its no bother - plus the moneys good :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back