Punk Thread for CPL

Also loved that solo album Pauline did with the Invisible Girls was it, one track in particular but can't remember what it is called.......going to hunt it out....I have it on tape somewhere.😃😃
That solo album that Pauline did was very underrated
I would go as far as to say it was years ahead of its time and Martin Hannett’s production was amazing
Someone said at the time that it was a blueprint for the 80’s and I wouldn’t argue with that

Went to see the cockney rejects at the 100 club in London last night, absolutely brilliant.

Seeing Sham 69 for the first time tonight as well tonight
Saw the Vibrators at the 100 club. Many many many years ago. Only time I ever been.

If it weren't for your still little fingers no one would know you were dead 🎶🎶🎶
That solo album that Pauline did was very underrated
I would go as far as to say it was years ahead of its time and Martin Hannett’s production was amazing
Someone said at the time that it was a blueprint for the 80’s and I wouldn’t argue with that
Looked for my tape (yes I still have some along with loads of old vinyl).

Wonder if I might have to leap in the 21st century and look to see if I can download it.

Last edited:
Much prefer the more hardcore strain of punk (Have Heart, Minor Threat, etc)

But have seen some cracking bands over the years. Angelic Upstarts, Sham 69, Gallows, and many others.

Can't beat a git sweaty punk gig in a grotty venue

My punk gigs were limited as I was a bit young, but
Upstarts
Clash
Rich Kids ( I know)
Soiuxsie
Skids (later on )
was not bad.
Add Elvis Costello if we go new wave?

My punk gigs were limited as I was a bit young, but
Upstarts
Clash
Rich Kids ( I know)
Soiuxsie
Skids (later on )
was not bad.
Add Elvis Costello if we go new wave?
Mine too to be honest, i was sort of on the cusp, so I would say I saw more new wave than punk

Back