Random away matches: an occasional series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oxford United away one wet Saturday night early 2000's. 1st ever pay per view game on Sky. Shittest game ever, 0-0 I think but probably wrong.

Sunderland v Forest late 70s early 80s. Pre kick off the crowd were giving John Robertson serious stick - usual you fat bastard etc - he wound the Fulwell End up by repeatedly placing the ball on the penalty spot, taking a run up, scoring, then celebrating. No doubt you and had to be there but the fans were going spare and he was loving it.

Arsenal away 1990-1 season,went down on the Friday slept in a car in a car park in Milton Keynes,nearly had a battle with the locals in a pub cos we had our stripes on,went to the match got beat 1-0 John Kay gave a stupid penalty away,stopped in a place called Upton on the way back had a few pints and as we were leaving a mini bus full of lads pulled into the car park and ran inside as we were pulling away,as we were driving away they came back out looking up the road at us,someone in the pub must have phoned them,two narrow escapes a load of beer and the usual defeat,happy days.:)

Derby Co, prem under reidy, maybe the first time we played at their new ground? Won 5-0, it was early-ish in the season, and one of their fans ran onto the pitch and chucked his season ticket to the ground in disgust.

Coventry 3-2 Sunderland 2000. 3 down after 20 minutes and ended up nearly grabbing a draw. I went in the home end that day
"It was like billy smarts circus" said Reid in the after match interview. Did kilbane hit the bar to nearly get it to 3-3?

Last edited:
Burnley 2005 Friday night, Lawrence and Stewart put us top of the league.

Jeff Whitley took out their defender whilst putting one of our players through to assist Stewart :lol:

Akinbyi got sent off for getting McCartney by the throat also

Notts County 1 Sunderland 1

December 1978.

Mick Docherty got sent off. Because it was just before Christmas there was a very poor turn-out.

Went for a swim at Peterlee Leisure Centre when we got home.

December 1978.

Mick Docherty got sent off. Because it was just before Christmas there was a very poor turn-out.

Magnificantly unremarkable, best one so far.

December 1978.

There was a "surge" for no real reason but because there were so few of us there it looked like we were about to invade the pitch. A lone cop went slightly berserk, lashing out at everybody, including me, smacking me in the gob...

Burnley away, march 2005, 2-0 win for the lads on a friday evening live on sky, and me live on tv with my shirt off in the snow at turf moor :lol:

Manchester City 4 - 3 Sunderland.... Rollercoaster of a game, scenes in our end when jones pulled it back to 3-3

Carlisle in the cup replay, 96? Coldest away trip ever, think it was January mid week game.
Frozen solid and think it went to extra time. Remember a p-ssed up doorman from the town ran on the pitch when we scored and then started battling the stewards to get back in the stand.

Crystal Palace away Boxing Day 1990. Noon ko. Set off at midnight.

Got piss wet through and lost 2-1.

@Sutty had forgotten his gloves & bought a pair of Palace socks from their club shop to wear on his hands.

And a bin liner full of out of date petrol station sarnies...

It was so early 2000's that it was 1999 ;)
Yes, this has already been pointed out, ya twat! :lol::lol:;)

Crystal Palace away Boxing Day 1990. Noon ko. Set off at midnight.

Got piss wet through and lost 2-1.

@Sutty had forgotten his gloves & bought a pair of Palace socks from their club shop to wear on his hands.

And a bin liner full of out of date petrol station sarnies...

Them sarnies stunk by the time we got to Palace mind :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back