Random away matches: an occasional series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye, 5:30 Saturday kick off. Thankfully I'd been out all afternoon, so the match wasn't too bad. We were utter shite.

Was that the famous one where Keane smashed the board up? Was in the home end that day to the left of our allocation.

Southampton Away Dec 2003.

Drove up with my Dad and my neighbour, his mates were canny for saints fans.

They took the lead, Flo equalised :eek:

And Jo Tessem or whatever he was called scored the winner at half past bastard five.

Coventry away 2nd Jan not sure the year about 84 ,got beat 2-1 westie scored ,freezing , chucking it down and it was a night match .

Any away match at Cambridge. Random place, random ground, random cows in queue for away end. Random results as well.

Rotherham away, last game of third division season, win 4-1. Quite a big disturbance in the away end, in fighting, then police stormed in after it had sorted itself out, cue another big disturbance .

been trying to remember anything at all about a 0-0 at Port Vale, November 94 in front of 7/8000

previous visits included winning promotion and Kieron Brady inspired 3-3 draw but nowt happened that day, unless anyone might have shit themselves or summat ?

Charlton mid week, mid-90s. Think it was 0-0. We also played Luton on the Saturday so we all went down to London for the week. Hotel in Bayswater. On the lash everyday and even included a day trip to France!
Made lifelong friendships that week!

Rotherham away, last game of third division season, win 4-1. Quite a big disturbance in the away end, in fighting, then police stormed in after it had sorted itself out, cue another big disturbance .
Townies v Seaham v Peterlee then it became Sunderland v Police

Portsmouth away 70's, Shields lads in those days had a bell, buses left at 11pm so we all on the piss in Pompey, one pompey lad ended up getting 'belled'

Wigan away, April 2004. Drew 0-0, all I can remember is Darren Byfield playing.

Man City 0 Safc 0

Pre season, Ian Brightwell's testimonial, watched eagerly by a crowd of about 5000. The most friendly of pre season friendlies. I can't remember either team breaking sweat or threatening to score.
Highlight of the game was watching the stewards fail to control a conga line in our end that was being led in rhythm by someone with a big bin lid.

Thanks for the memory. I'd forgotten all about that.
You're absolutely right. conga apart, nothing happened.

And the Chief , Wayne Allison
Mate drove his xr3i, somehow got back to Whickham not long after 2100hrs!!!

Thought he scored aye, always get confused with which lumbering big black centre forwards have netted against us at will over the years....bizzarely we went down in an XR3i anarl, a sort of blue metallic coloured thing it was, that was in no way meant to fit 5 blokes in for that length of time.

.....hang on, XR2i.....that explains the cramped conditions.

Saints away FA Cup 3rd round mid-80s. Was pissed in town on Friday night and spur of the moment got on bus at back of Binns at midnight cos it seemed a good idea at the time. Was freezing at The Dell with no coat and got thumped 4-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back