Remove decision making from premiership refs

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point is as you knoow is heart operations are difficult but no-one uses that as an excuse when things go wrong

Did you see Stokes penalty yesterday. It is the equivalent of a year 11 getting 1+1 wrong

What utter horse shit, I would fell embarrassed to post that. Do you think with the correct training you could ref a PL game and never get a thing wrong? Just a straight Yes or No please?

What utter horse shit, I would fell embarrassed to post that. Do you think with the correct training you could ref a PL game and never get a thing wrong? Just a straight Yes or No please?

For goodness sake it was embarassing and Oliver should hang his head in shame when he sees that . Monk got it right when he said it was 'a disgrace'

Everyone gets things wrong but some of the decisions recently are beyond inept

Last edited:
For goodness sake it was embarassing and Oliver should hang his head in shame when he sees that . Monk got it right when he said it was 'a disgrace'

Everyone gets things wrong but some of the decisions recently are beyond inept

You would have decided that after a f***ing replay from a great angle man. Every ref in the world makes fuck up, can you not get that through your f***ing thick skull. To suggest any person can be a ref and not make a big fuck up every now and then is laughable. I ask again if you were giving the training and became a PL ref would you make a misake like the ref at the Stoke game did yesterday? A simple yes or no please

You would have decided that after a f***ing replay from a great angle man. Every ref in the world makes fuck up, can you not get that through your f***ing thick skull. To suggest any person can be a ref and not make a big fuck up every now and then is laughable. I ask again if you were giving the training and became a PL ref would you make a misake like the ref at the Stoke game did yesterday? A simple yes or no please
NO

Yet you seem content for it to continue - iam making suggestion to sort it out.

So every ref that has ever reffed the game in the history of football has made huge mistakes in there time but you wouldnt?:lol::lol:

What a sad pathetic individual you are, do you get a kick out of posting utter horseshit?

And do you get a kick out of crawling up the backside of referees who time and time again prove that they are not good enough to do the job.

Yet you seem content for it to continue - iam making suggestion to sort it out.

And do you get a kick out of crawling up the backside of referees who time and time again prove that they are not good enough to do the job and by the way it is F******* their time not there .

[

Solutions that are unworkable, fuck off anyway sick of arguing with a f***ing idiot like you. You offer fuck all constructive to the debate just cheap, shit digs. You are like a f***ing school kid

I have tried to be constructive. Its not me who is saying that there is nothing that could be done. Your regular refrain is we all criticise but suggest nothing to improve the situation. I have and you dont like it. And as for cheap digs-maybe its because its so bloody easy.

Last edited:
[

I have tried to be constructive. Its not me who is saying that there is nothing that could be done. Your regular refrain is we all criticise but suggest nothing to improve the situation. I have and you dont like it. And as for cheap digs-maybe its because its so bloody easy.

Because its totally unworkable, having a person in the stands that gives all decisions whilst watching replays while the game still flows is stuff of la la land. Its a crazy suggestion

Because its totally unworkable, having a person in the stands that gives all decisions whilst watching replays while the game still flows is stuff of la la land. Its a crazy suggestion

You seem to have a real difficulty with comprehending what I am saying. When have I ever mentioned replays. I have said he will referee the game in real time ( not bloody replays and will communicate his decisions to the ref who will in turn communicate it to the players)

( so in the Moses incident the referee in front of monitor would simply have said to Oliver 'No penalty Michael -dive booking for Moses.')

You seem to have a real difficulty with comprehending what I am saying. When have I ever mentioned replays. I have said he will referee the game in real time ( not bloody replays and will communicate his decisions to the ref who will in turn communicate it to the players)

( so in the Moses incident the referee in front of monitor would simply have said to Oliver 'No penalty Michael -dive booking for Moses.')

So are you saying a 4th person upstairs will get everything correct (after all that's what you are after) without the need to replays?

You're having a pop at the ref, but the way players dive it's getting harder for them to make the correct decision.

Surely there should be retrospective action taken against those proven to have dived which will prevent future instances thus helping the referee.

It's never going to happen though. There's no outcry from any major player in the game for what you're suggesting, be it players, coaches, the media or referees themselves.

So are you saying a 4th person upstairs will get everything correct (after all that's what you are after) without the need to replays?

Absolutely not but I guarantee they will get a higher percentage of big decsions correct.

1. They will generally have a better angle than the ref.
2. Their view will not be hindered (how many times have I heard it said the ref just couldnt see it-the Henry handball being a case in point.
3. And this is very important they will be detached and not be influenced by big name players on the pitch.

A number of times I have sen refs book one of our players after intervention from the likes of Lampard ,Terry and Gerrard-we all including you know that goes on

Absolutely not but I guarantee they will get a higher percentage of big decsions correct.

2. Their view will not be hindered (how many times have I heard it said the ref just couldnt see it-the Henry handball being a case in point.
3. And this is very important they will be detached and not be influenced by big name players on the pitch.

A number of times I have seen refs book one of our players after intervention from the likes of Lampard ,Terry and Gerrard-we all including you know that goes on

Last edited:

2. There view will not be hindered (how many times have I heard it said the ref just couldnt see it-the Henry handball being a case in point.

A number of times I have sen refs book one of our players after intervention from the likes of Lampard ,Terry and Gerrard-we all including you know that goes on

Whoa whoa whoa hold the bus here. You have down nowt but twist for a f***ing day about refs not getting everything and right and a ref who doesnt get everything right it a inept, incompetent areshole. Now you are saying a ref in the stands wont get everything right but you accept that?? What happens when he misses the big important penalty call or sending off. Will you be calling him a inept incompetent arsehole then

What happens if the ref on the pitch sees something but him in the stand doesn't because of the tv angle. He wont be able to give anything because in your plan he wont be able to make a single decision and the man in the stands cant look again cos you wont let him watch a replay

How will offsides work? The man in the stands wont have the side on view like the lineman have but he wont be able to watch a replay cos you wont let him. In fact with your plan of the man upstairs making all the calls will we need linesmen at all on the pitch?

Whoa whoa whoa hold the bus here. You have down nowt but twist for a f***ing day about refs not getting everything and right and a ref who doesnt get everything right it a inept, incompetent areshole. Now you are saying a ref in the stands wont get everything right but you accept that?? What happens when he misses the big important penalty call or sending off. Will you be calling him a inept incompetent arsehole then

What happens if the ref on the pitch sees something but him in the stand doesn't because of the tv angle. He wont be able to give anything because in your plan he wont be able to make a single decision and the man in the stands cant look again cos you wont let him watch a replay

How will offsides work? The man in the stands wont have the side on view like the lineman have but he wont be able to watch a replay cos you wont let him. In fact with your plan of the man upstairs making all the calls will we need linesmen at all on the pitch?

Like I said before horses will still die in the Grand National doesnt mean you shouldn't do what you can to reduce that possibility.
You are of course spot on when you say that there will be occasions when the man on the field may be in a better position but these will be rare.
With regard to offsides it would not be beyond technology to ensure that their are sufficient cameras in the right position to judge this.
In fact far from having more linesman I believe it would be possible for them to be done away with all together -after all apart form offsides they make no other decisions.

Lastly I have never ever said that a referee is incompetent or inept because they dont get 100% decisions correct. I am on record as being an admirer of Mike Dean even though he makes mistakes because he is brave and is not afraid to make big decisions . What I take issue with are the basic and serious mistakes that referees make. The Brown sending off, the Fletcher penalty, the Altidore goal disallowed and no sending off. Or their blatant cowardice giving free kicks outside the box then ignoring the same offence when it happens in the box. Not sending off big name players - I am sure you can remember Gary Neville not being sent off in one of his last games for two of the most blatant yellow cards you would ever see. Changing their stories to fit their decisions.ie sending a player of for one thing then giving another reason whe they realise they are wrong

Is that what the formula one official would say if lots of cars were crashing.
Is that what a hospital says if lots of people start dieing from heart ops. Or do they try to do something about it.

The game has been around for many years, why do people want to keep sanitising it?
When a ref wants a 4th official's tv opinion or wants a look at it himself he presses a button on his watch to indicate he's referring that decision. A light goes on on the scoreboard or similar, play continues until the next natural break in play unless he wants an immediate decision to be made ie a penalty shout. Could have a traffic light system - yellow for tv review pending, red for game stopped.

As I suggested earlier, completely under the referee's control in real time. He and only he decides when it's used.

FFS either you are one mother of a wind up or making a very good application to be sectioned. :) :)

The game has been around for many years, why do people want to keep sanitising it?

FFS either you are one mother of a wind up or making a very good application to be sectioned. :) :)
I seriously think they need to find another sport or activity which has clearly defined rules and an adjudicator who can apply them.

There's no exact science to refereeing.

Like I said before horses will still die in the Grand National doesnt mean you shouldn't do what you can to reduce that possibility.
You are of course spot on when you say that there will be occasions when the man on the field may be in a better position but these will be rare.
With regard to offsides it would not be beyond technology to ensure that their are sufficient cameras in the right position to judge this.
In fact far from having more linesman I believe it would be possible for them to be done away with all together -after all apart form offsides they make no other decisions.

Lastly I have never ever said that a referee is incompetent or inept because they dont get 100% decisions correct. I am on record as being an admirer of Mike Dean even though he makes mistakes because he is brave and is not afraid to make big decisions . What I take issue with are the basic and serious mistakes that referees make. The Brown sending off, the Fletcher penalty, the Altidore goal disallowed and no sending off. Or their blatant cowardice giving free kicks outside the box then ignoring the same offence when it happens in the box. Not sending off big name players - I am sure you can remember Gary Neville not being sent off in one of his last games for two of the most blatant yellow cards you would ever see. Changing their stories to fit their decisions.ie sending a player of for one thing then giving another reason whe they realise they are wrong

So you are expecting a 4th official to be looking at 2-3 tv screens at once to determine fouls, throw ins, corners, penaltys, sending offs, fouls, side on looks for offisides (as you have no linesmen on the pitch) without the need of replays and in a split second relay a message down the a person on the pitch to stop the game? My guess is he will have that much to do he will make more fuck ups than whats happening now

Also your claim that you dont call refs names is a joke of a thing to say, you have done nowt but abuse them the past day. Also the ever so great Mike Dean who you continue to praise to the hilt has made a load of fuck ups but you seem to accept this for some reason? Out of interest how many of Mike Deans game have you seen that season?

Really cant believe I am having this debate, its a utter clusterfuck of a idea:lol: Does it not concern you that not one other poster has backed you up on this idea?

The money in the game today is such that it is so important that decisions are correct.

So you are expecting a 4th official to be looking at 2-3 tv screens at once to determine fouls, throw ins, corners, penaltys, sending offs, fouls, side on looks for offisides (as you have no linesmen on the pitch) without the need of replays and in a split second relay a message down the a person on the pitch to stop the game? My guess is he will have that much to do he will make more fuck ups than whats happening now

Also your claim that you dont call refs names is a joke of a thing to say, you have done nowt but abuse them the past day. Also the ever so great Mike Dean who you continue to praise to the hilt has made a load of fuck ups but you seem to accept this for some reason? Out of interest how many of Mike Deans game have you seen that season?

Really cant believe I am having this debate, its a utter clusterfuck of a idea:lol: Does it not concern you that not one other poster has backed you up on this idea?

HA HA HA:p

How come red & wicket where so quick on a ref thread again?

I don't actually disagree with them, but they're quick defence of anything "referee" is slightly weird

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back