Rodgers sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, I think the decision to get rid of Rodgers is the right decision but it should have been made immediately after we lost 6-1 at Stoke on the final day of last season. To spend the money we spent in the summer and only give him 8 games to work with those signings is stupid but not surprising under this current setup. Rodgers however was only a part of the problem. The whole strategy of FSG needs to be reconsidered and i'm doubtful whether we will be able to attract the manager we need with the current conditions they will have to work .

I do feel the stick Rodgers is getting is a little over the top. Don't get me wrong, he is nowhere near the level he perceives himself to be but on the flip side he is not as bad as he is being made out. The season we finished 2nd was not solely down to Suarez. Rodgers found a system to get the best out of Suarez while also fitting Sturridge in to the side, finding a role for Coutinho to flourish and also giving Sterling a platform to have a huge impact. Also, prior to the slip, Steven Gerrard had be excellent in the deeper role. Some of the football played was out of this world and Rodgers deserves credit for finding a formula to make that wotk. He should have stuck with this rather than resort back to a slow, possesion based approach which we have seen since Suarez left.

My biggest criticism of Rodgers would be his inability to get the team to compete when needing to play twice a week. Last years Champions League campaign was embarrassing and his record in the Europa is equally as bad. The year we went close to winning the league was when we had one game a week and Rodgers had time on the training pitch to work with his players. To succeed at a club with the ambitions of Liverpool you need to be able to compete in all competions. Rodgers was showing no signs of being able to manage this after three and a half years.

First of all, I think the decision to get rid of Rodgers is the right decision but it should have been made immediately after we lost 6-1 at Stoke on the final day of last season. To spend the money we spent in the summer and only give him 8 games to work with those signings is stupid but not surprising under this current setup. Rodgers however was only a part of the problem. The whole strategy of FSG needs to be reconsidered and i'm doubtful whether we will be able to attract the manager we need with the current conditions they will have to work .

I do feel the stick Rodgers is getting is a little over the top. Don't get me wrong, he is nowhere near the level he perceives himself to be but on the flip side he is not as bad as he is being made out. The season we finished 2nd was not solely down to Suarez. Rodgers found a system to get the best out of Suarez while also fitting Sturridge in to the side, finding a role for Coutinho to flourish and also giving Sterling a platform to have a huge impact. Also, prior to the slip, Steven Gerrard had be excellent in the deeper role. Some of the football played was out of this world and Rodgers deserves credit for finding a formula to make that wotk. He should have stuck with this rather than resort back to a slow, possesion based approach which we have seen since Suarez left.

My biggest criticism of Rodgers would be his inability to get the team to compete when needing to play twice a week. Last years Champions League campaign was embarrassing and his record in the Europa is equally as bad. The year we went close to winning the league was when we had one game a week and Rodgers had time on the training pitch to work with his players. To succeed at a club with the ambitions of Liverpool you need to be able to compete in all competions. Rodgers was showing no signs of being able to manage this after three and a half years.
think its a moot point as BR would turn his nose up at the poisoned chalice that safc has become

as people have said before some not quite right at the club... either in the dressing room or what the club hope to achieve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back