Rodgers sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
On signing Joe Allen :lol::lol:

"I think the Liverpool supporters will enjoy watching this kid play football," said Rodgers.

"He's five foot six but in terms of a footballer, he is seven foot six.

"He is absolutely immense – his courage to get on the ball, his body work is fantastic, how he reads the game, his football intelligence.

"This kid will play at the top and is playing at the top.

"We paid £15million for him and when he came in, I said very quickly that the price would double.

"People probably laughed at me. He will play here for many years and the supporters will love this kid."

"I think the Liverpool supporters will enjoy watching this kid play football," said Rodgers.

"He is absolutely immense – his courage to get on the ball, his body work is fantastic, how he reads the game, his football intelligence.

"We paid £15million for him and when he came in, I said very quickly that the price would double.

"People probably laughed at me. He will play here for many years and the supporters will love this kid."

That might just be the most Brent-ish thing he's ever said.

Mad decision...Nearly won their first title in 200 odd years the season before last...a bit of bad luck cost him from being eternally hero worshipped. I also think he has had to put up with other people interfering in transfers e.tc ..that's what the papers have insinuated on many occasions. If he was available for Sunderland, then you lot should snap him up

No chance. Not a chance.

Rightly or wrongly he will be looking at no lower than Evertons, Spurs etc.

Could actually see him out the game a while as nothing will be good enough for him and then ending up in Spain or Germany.

Who are they going to get in? Who is going to do a better job? Madness, this I want success at any cost and straight away footballing mentality:confused:

Who are they going to get in? Who is going to do a better job? Madness, this I want success at any cost and straight away footballing mentality:confused:

Rodgers is a poor manager. He was sacked by a couple of clubs before getting hold of a well ran Swansea.
He has spent 330 million pounds and has nothing to show for it. 330 million!!!
Klopp will be the man who comes in and he is a far better manager than Rodgers and a club like Liverpool will suit him perfectly.
The season that they nearly won the league they were carried by a world class Suarez.
He had 3 years and did fuck all. I hope the arrogant twat comes down a peg or two and realises that he blew his chance.

I know Klopp took Borussia to CL final but didn't they struggle last year? I also remember his touchline rant which got him a CL ban last year. Not sure that he would handle the pressure any better

EDIT.....I'm not sure how much freedom Rogers had when spending that money either. It has been widely reported that a lot of those players were not players that he wanted

I know Klopp took Borussia to CL final but didn't they struggle last year? I also remember his touchline rant which got him a CL ban last year. Not sure that he would handle the pressure any better

EDIT.....I'm not sure how much freedom Rogers had when spending that money either. It has been widely reported that a lot of those players were not players that he wanted

He took Dortmund from nothing to the CL final. He managed to lose his best players every season yet always challenge Bayern.
Last season they began poorly but ended up ok and Klopp and already said he was going.
He is highly thought of and Liverpool won't have a problem attracting players with Klopp as manager.
I think there was a transfer committee at Liverpool of which Rodgers was part of. I don't believe any players were signed without his say so.
To look at their squad and then see that he has spent £330 million is staggering. They are bang average.

At seven foot six, the Chicago Bulls are seriously interested

His passing percentage at Swansea was so high because as soon as he gets the ball he gives the fucker back :lol:

Dislike him as much as you want, the man got Liverpool to be genuine title contenders and finished f***ing second man. And anyone who thinks that was just down to Suarez is clueless and should go back and have a look at the season.

Obviously there are plenty of negatives against his name, nobody could deny that either, but to write off that season is staggering.

British managers almost never work abroad so there are so few jobs available.

I think it could have legs - the Congerton/Chelsea connection, plus the fact that "the club" is a wreck and it's very easy to blame for anything that goes wrong

Because they are shit. Just like British / Irish players are shit. Nobody outside the home countries is stupid enough to hire them.

Every season there is some "new way" up and coming British / Irish manager. They all end up being f***ing gash in short order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back