Rodwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never seen the lad play CB so I'm not sure if he would be better suited in that position. However having watched him last season and this pre-season his mobility in midfield just isn't good enough for the top league, at some point the manager/club will have to make a decision about where he plays because at the minute we must have the slowest 4 centre mids in the premier league with Cattermole, Gomez and Larrson included

Likes a tackle and seems decent in the air. Not saying he'd be great by any stretch but as were stuck with him for the next three years think its our best bet to get some use from him
Agree on heading but think he's quite happy to pull out of a tackle.

Agree on heading but think he's quite happy to pull out of a tackle.

Maybe, image i have of him tackling is going in quite hard, seem to remember two hard and probs mistimed tackles should we say away to man city and hull

He certainly didnt shirk them

He's been much better in pre-season. People seem to forget he's lost almost 2 years of his development wasting away at City. He looks eager to get on the ball more, drive forward and pick certin passes others aren't seeing. Sadly, a bit like Wickham, he's still a young player and so with our fans should be bossing it every week in the Premier League or battering people in the Championship on loan to "prove himself"
Probably because he was just as shabby there also.

Aye why not:lol:
We are a generous club

He's going to have to hit the ground running this season. We seem to have plenty of fans itching to get on his back for some reason.

I'm the only one who saw a stark improvement in him last night then? Looked more confident in possession and looked to go forward with the ball. Passing was decent too, no? Just me? Ok then.
How dare you suggest that by watching him last night you saw an improvement, didn't you know he is shite?

He's the sort of player we'd sell at a cut price and they'd be a relative success
Alongside cattermole may be his place
We've not tried 4-2-3-1 enough and this is a system he'd probably fit into better instead of the headless chicken role

He's been much better in pre-season. People seem to forget he's lost almost 2 years of his development wasting away at City. He looks eager to get on the ball more, drive forward and pick certin passes others aren't seeing. Sadly, a bit like Wickham, he's still a young player and so with our fans should be bossing it every week in the Premier League or battering people in the Championship on loan to "prove himself"
Supposed to have a first team squad in the premier not a development players we have a development squad for that don't we.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back