Rodwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was vying with Yaya Toure for his position. Let that sink in.

:lol::rolleyes:

Must have kept the manager awake at night trying to choose between those two like ;)

Agree on heading but think he's quite happy to pull out of a tackle.

I know it was preseason so not really criticising him for it but there was one in the second half yesterday when he looked well favourite to get into a loose ball and get a shot away until he decided not to go for it and the defender got in first. That irritated me at the time but hopefully it was just because he was being ultra careful not to get injured in pre season

Must have kept the manager awake at night trying to choose between those two like ;)

I know it was preseason so not really criticising him for it but there was one in the second half yesterday when he looked well favourite to get into a loose ball and get a shot away until he decided not to go for it and the defender got in first. That irritated me at the time but hopefully it was just because he was being ultra careful not to get injured in pre season
There was another one in the centre circle in the second half. Like you say though it could be caution. For all we know he might have even been told not to commit himself.

If pre-season is all about fitness, surely he should have broke into a jog last night.

I expect the same as last season, anonymous.

Maybe, image i have of him tackling is going in quite hard, seem to remember two hard and probs mistimed tackles should we say away to man city and hull

He certainly didnt shirk them
He had a right battle against stoke in the cup too, was a bit lucky not to get sent off.

Hope he proves me wrong but he just isn't cut out for the Premier League. Yes it was pre season & all that shite I expect some to say but he just looks such a poor player
Has played his entire career in the Premier League and has been capped by England, yet after one terrible clearance in a pre-season game he isn't "cut out for the Premier League"? Ha'way man

Has played his entire career in the Premier League and has been capped by England, yet after one terrible clearance in a pre-season game he isn't "cut out for the Premier League"? Ha'way man

he was rubbish last season as well, looked well off the pace. give him time though eh? he only cost 10 million, coining in about 50 grand a week

he was rubbish last season as well, looked well off the pace. give him time though eh? he only cost 10 million, coining in about 50 grand a week
No, you're right. Despite scoring some key goals whilst playing in the most negative team I can remember, and despite the injuries that disrupted his career, lets ignore everything that has gone on before in his career pre-SAFC and get rid of him. Good plan :rolleyes:

Going to surprise a lot of people this season, impressed by his passing range in pre-season and his well-taken goal recently. Class player in there waiting to be unleashed. Expect him to have a cracking season.

No, you're right. Despite scoring some key goals whilst playing in the most negative team I can remember, and despite the injuries that disrupted his career, lets ignore everything that has gone on before in his career pre-SAFC and get rid of him. Good plan :rolleyes:

I might be wrong but I can't see the lad saying to get rid of him anywhere, he's just saying that Rodwell has been a disappointment given the expectation he came with and the money spent. I don't think that's too outlandish, most would agree with it, we all hope he comes good but this is a massive season for him and we need to see more from him. Rodwell and advocaat have pretty much said as much themselves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back