Roger and the Mods.

Yep I know great name for a band isn’t it.

Let’s be serious for a second here please. It’s quite evident the board is not happy about important threads just as loneliness, depression and so forth being hid in the dungeon of The Smb.

Overall the mods are doing a brilliant job, however they do need to stop being silly and behaving like traffic wardens and use some common sense here.

My proposal is to create a sticky at the top of the main board for depression and loneliness as it’s a subject we will all need to relate to at one time or another.

Thanks.
Enjoy your ban, how dare you question our leaders!

Unless I'm missing a whoosh, there's a forum for this already and it doesn't have to be in the depths of the SMB. There is a simple method to see them as posters can watch a sub forum and then get all posts from those sub forums on one page. It means you don't see the stuff from forums you aren't interested in, like cricket 😴

I do this but I only have Pure Football and SMB forums and all I do is click the NEW POSTS top left and I also have the show UNREAD filter option on top right enabled so I know what's new since I last visited. Once I'm done, I click MARK FORUMS READ and it blitzes them all so only new threads will appear next time.

Go to a sub forum main page and click the WATCH forum button top right when in the forum. For example, here's the 3 links to the forums.

Once you do that then click the NEW POSTS top left and it's as if all 3 forums are now 1 big forum and there's no need to go to the various forums individually.

Last edited:
I think a more general sticky pointer to that subforum is the answer - a sort of 'need to talk things through - we're listening over here' sorta thing.
I just dont see an issus with a permanent sticky personally.
The photography one was there for ages.
Why not one that could really do some good?
Dont see the issue with it. Anybody trying to find a problem with that has obviously never been lonely.
It's just people digging their heels in or being stubborn if they oppose that imo.
What harm does it do?

Last edited:
Yep I know great name for a band isn’t it.

Let’s be serious for a second here please. It’s quite evident the board is not happy about important threads just as loneliness, depression and so forth being hid in the dungeon of The Smb.

Overall the mods are doing a brilliant job, however they do need to stop being silly and behaving like traffic wardens and use some common sense here.

My proposal is to create a sticky at the top of the main board for depression and loneliness as it’s a subject we will all need to relate to at one time or another.

Thanks.

Mention Brexit, Trump and Climate Change and not only will your thread be made a sticky but you will be made an honorary mod.

Back