Roy Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blame Andy Gray and Richard Keys.

Its a simple fecking game yet those perverts suddently tried to make it so intricate, making them seem like fecking tactical gurus just for stating the obvious post match.

The result 10 years on is every fecker thinks theyre a master tactician, particularly on here. Again, simple fecking game, get the fucker in the onion bag, Id love to have seen Cloughy tear some of these `experts` to shreds.

Clough was already a dinosaur 5 years before the end of his career. Things move on.

He said he can't do both jobs fair enough. But why couldn't he of done the Villa job until March, makes no difference the next time Ireland play is March

Good post that IMO it is all jobs for the boys,it is a multi-millionaire industry and not only does a manager get paid handsomely he is allowed to bring 5 of his mates to get handsomely paid as well,could not see it happening in any other industry.

I mean goalkeeper coach for example what that all about,canny number if you ask me throwing and kicking balls for the keeper to save,surely a top class goalkeeper has been told what to do several times over,does he need a full time coach
I think if you were a Manager the media would give you the "dinosaur" title marra.

I think it's mostly just an update on where they should be for set pieces and other bits and bobs that vary depending on how the game is going.

On topic, Keane's excuse for leaving is laughable, no international games until March next year but he's citing that as a reason to leave 1 day before a game. Something will have happened behind the scenes.
This

Don't get the anti Roy Keanne stuff. He did a fantastic job here, picking us up from a depressing low and within a season creating a title winning side. He kept the side up and gave us some magical moments along the way.
Yes it ended in acrimony but thats what happens to most managers. It was his first attempt at management and he got a lot of things spot on.

He's never disrespected our fans / club, in fact he speaks very highly of both in his recent book.

For me Keanne 'got' Sunderland - he saw the potential of the club and tried his best to give us success. He's not the first and won't be the last to fall short in that aim, but I'll always remember his days in charge as good times.

All this 'got Sunderland' crack is the type of drivel we hammer the mags for

Its a simple fecking game yet those perverts suddently tried to make it so intricate, making them seem like fecking tactical gurus just for stating the obvious post match.

The result 10 years on is every fecker thinks theyre a master tactician, particularly on here. Again, simple fecking game, get the fucker in the onion bag, Id love to have seen Cloughy tear some of these `experts` to shreds.
I wasn't sure if you were being sarcastic at first.

Tactics have a huge part to play in helping less able teams beat much better teams. Saying "it's a simple game" just shows a lack of knowledge of football.

Although the two aren't quite comparable it's like saying "getting a person on the moon is simple, just get him into space and then point him towards the moon"

All this 'got Sunderland' crack is the type of drivel we hammer the mags for
"got us" in that he saw Sunderland have the potential to be a massive club again but who have acted awfully in lots of areas for the past decade stopping it from happening. Compared to Bruce's style "well we belong where we are, top 10 is a fantasy"

staggering how many people on here claim employing him is asking for trouble.. He dug us out of a huge hole and that'll be remembered for a very long time. 'Asking for trouble' is what Di Canio was, Roy Keane is no-where near that level.

Has a superb spin doctor, although many appear to belive he is the master of spontaneity.

There will no doubt be a paragraph in a future publication shedding light on the fire behind the smoke.

Chubby lamb is now on his todd, and shortly for the chop.

Humungus bruv.

staggering how many people on here claim employing him is asking for trouble.. He dug us out of a huge hole and that'll be remembered for a very long time. 'Asking for trouble' is what Di Canio was, Roy Keane is no-where near that level.

Well it is, isn't it, just not necessarily in the 'oh he's a nutcase' way. He was diabolical at Ipswich and has just walked out of a job after a few months a day before a game. The man is a poor manager IMO and his serious ego will always cause problems no matter where he goes.

Bust up with a couple of senior players at the training ground is doing the rounds down here...he probably just asked them why they are so shit.

Offensively, I largely agree. But I think organising a defence is an artform and extremely intricate.

Don't get the anti Roy Keanne stuff. He did a fantastic job here, picking us up from a depressing low and within a season creating a title winning side. He kept the side up and gave us some magical moments along the way.
Yes it ended in acrimony but thats what happens to most managers. It was his first attempt at management and he got a lot of things spot on.

He's never disrespected our fans / club, in fact he speaks very highly of both in his recent book.

For me Keanne 'got' Sunderland - he saw the potential of the club and tried his best to give us success. He's not the first and won't be the last to fall short in that aim, but I'll always remember his days in charge as good times.

Can't agree more. To think it was Keane who was the first to insist the club should post up evidence of its outstanding historical success - for the benefit of its own players first and foremost - is astonishing.

Astonishing, that is, that nobody had thought of that before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back