Rudy Gestede

Status
Not open for further replies.

All of this. Rhodes and Gestede are proper'scoring' forwards, regardless of being a in a league our current crop nearly resigned us to. We need a change and threat up top and now. Are either of these worse prospects to score than fletcher, graham or wickham?
Still time yet like but I was hoping to go into the coming season with a new striker a bit more dynamic than what we already have and also a decent ball carrying CM.

Still time yet like but I was hoping to go into the coming season with a new striker a bit more dynamic than what we already have and also a decent ball carrying CM.
Tbf, we couldn't have a less dynamic front three if we tried. We seriously need a threat. Pointless getting decent creativity and pace in the middke and wide if all they have to supply is those 3

Tbf, we couldn't have a less dynamic front three if we tried. We seriously need a threat. Pointless getting decent creativity and pace in the middke and wide if all they have to supply is those 3
This is it, if we don't improve our static central midfield then we really could do with a striker capable of holding off defenders and keeping possession/making something for themselves. That was half of the problem last season, when we eventually did get the ball forward, regardless of who to. We were as weak as piss at retaining it.

This is it, if we don't improve our static central midfield then we really could do with a striker capable of holding off defenders and keeping possession/making something for themselves. That was half of the problem last season, when we eventually did get the ball forward, regardless of who to. We were as weak as piss at retaining it.
Absolutely spot on. We could have Silva, Hazard and Messi creating but until we get a proper finisher we will struggle

Why are these alleged villa fans coming out of the woodwork all of a sudden? They've lost their best players and just bought a load of untested players and have deluded bellend of a manager
Crawl back under your rocks and die

Absolutely spot on. We could have Silva, Hazard and Messi creating but until we get a proper finisher we will struggle
Don't get me wrong, if we were to get someone in CM capable of supporting our forwards and dragging the opposition out of position with their running and thus, creating some space then I'd back Defoe to still find the net if he were to play centrally. I'm just not sure we'll find that player and I fear that once again our strikers might be feeding off scraps and imo none of our current strikers are suited to that.

Or you could put it this way-1 in 2 for the past two seasons (20 in 39 appearances, 13 in 27 appearances)

Vlaar was never quite as good for us as he was for Holland in the World Cup and was regularly out injured. He's currently out for the next 4 months minimum with God knows how long to get up to speed after that (if he ever does) We really dodged a bullet by him not re-signing. Delph also crocked with a hamstring. Given is way past it and was on very big wages glad to see the back of him.

We've replaced Benteke & Delph, maybe not like for like but with the money received for them, we've been able to upgrade the whole team, placing us in a stronger position than this time last year.

That's absolute shite!?!?

What has Vlaar's current injury got to do with my point? He's been an important player for you. He's not there for you next season and needs replacing.

You're the one who was telling us all how brilliant Delph was. He needs replacing

Benteke will be almost impossible to replace for a club outside the top 6.

Given finished the season strongly and as your main keeper.

Spin it however you want but you have a massive job replacing the spine of your team...

That's absolute shite!?!?

What has Vlaar's current injury got to do with my point? He's been an important player for you. He's not there for you next season and needs replacing.

You're the one who was telling us all how brilliant Delph was. He needs replacing

Benteke will be almost impossible to replace for a club outside the top 6.

Given finished the season strongly and as your main keeper.

Spin it however you want but you have a massive job replacing the spine of your team...

Vlaars current injury is relevant because it epitomises where he is in his career. He missed many crucial games last season with injuries and IMO is all but finished in this league. He needs to play in a less demanding league and even then, this latest set back maybe a step too far to even do that.

Delph was great for us-I'm a big fan. I believe we have replaced him though-Possibly with a player who will improve on Delphs average of 1 or 2 goals per season.

Of course Benteke will be impossible to replace-Just as Bent was for you, Bale for Spurs, Saurez for Liverpool etc. The mistake you are continually making is to think we are trying to replace him like for like. He was way ahead of the others in the side and with the money received for him we have been able to strengthen across the board so we are no longer a one man side. Before, if Benteke didn't turn up, we were likely to loose. With this new look squad, there will be goals from numerous positions. Gestede has goals in him, as does Adebayor. I'd back those 2 to be as effective as any other strike force outside of the top 6. We won't be starting the season with 9 men you know.

Given was/is shit. He should never have played and I suspect it was an old pals act from Sherwood as they played together. He did not finish the season strongly, he was an absolute liability.

Yes it is a massive job to replace the spine, however, in case you missed it, we have done exactly that over the past 2 or 3 weeks.

Signed for Villa. Probably SEB.

Good signing for them for 6 million? Doubt Blackburn will be desperate to sell another striker after this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back