Sacking Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big mistake in hindsight?

I know he's been bitter since and a bit of a kernt,but

We're still playing pretty much a Steve Bruce signings squad.

Best finish for many years.

Brought in some talent for cheap that we then got good money for (sess, bent, gyan,mig, Mcclean)

Had a squad that scored lots of goals when the strikers were in good form, and had some good , albeit overpaid, players in it.

Did we really sack him for a good reason? I know I wanted him out at the end but I honestly can't remember what I had to complain about at the time compared to now!
We paid more for Sessengnon than we sold him for. Bent wasn't his deal, but the money we made on him, net of everything, is hugely exaggerated. We just about made out money back on Gyan. Yes, Mignolet trained with most of the clubs in the Prem and we were the ones to give him a go, good job there. Mcclean, we did make money on him, if you ignore the fact he signed a big contract with us afterwards and then there is the obvious fact that Bruce wouldn't give him a game.

We finished 10th, great, we all know very well we were one point above 14th.

Brought in some talent for cheap that we then got good money for (sess, bent, gyan,mig, Mcclean)

Had a squad that scored lots of goals when the strikers were in good form, and had some good , albeit overpaid, players in it.

Just let it go, Steve, you have a cup final to look forward to.

Anyone paying attention at the time could see that Bruce was trying to talk himself out of the job for about two months before he was heaved out, moaning about the fans and looking lost as his manic spending spree was looking a failure.

The bloke we have now is also trying to talk himself away.

He should have done better with the squads and resources at his disposal. Millions spent for two seasons where we were fortunate not to be relegated.
How was finishing 10th & 13th a disgrace?!

I suppose we could all pick a successful premier league club to follow while we are away from the premier league. We could, but probably won't, because we aren't as shallow as you.
Oh, here we go again, common denominator is your crap support. You really are the worst in the PL, but not for much longer. I've told you before Altidore was a donkey, but you all thought Danny G was worse, you think you're a big club (haha) we're not either but at least no illusions. But now you think Brucey is the problem, really? We have no pedigree and yet somehow....... But he is the problem with you. Don't think so, you're just all a bunch of dreamers that support a crap team. Keep telling you, you're going down and you aren't ever coming back. Bye x

Last edited:

Did we really sack him for a good reason? I know I wanted him out at the end but I honestly can't remember what I had to complain about at the time compared to now!
Absolute bullshit, if results had went a different way at full time we would have finished about 16th, it was only because teams that were winning at half time got beat or drew at full time we finished where we did, it was by pure luck and nothing else.

Absolute bullshit, if results had went a different way at full time we would have finished about 16th, it was only because teams that were winning at half time got beat or drew at full time we finished where we did, it was by pure luck and nothing else.
The table never lies. The nine teams below us were shitter

The table never lies. The nine teams below us were shitter
By a fannny's hair. We were the 'best' of a bad bunch.

I'm surpised there is something I actually agree with you about.

BTW, are you still glad we are out of the FA cup? Or do you now think it was the start of our downfall?

By a fannny's hair. We were the 'best' of a bad bunch.

I'm surpised there is something I actually agree with you about.

BTW, are you still glad we are out of the FA cup? Or do you now think it was the start of our downfall?
IMHO I think the distraction of both cup have had an effect on our safety this season, I know there is an argument that we produced our best form while playing in the cups, I just think it's back fired on us.

IMHO I think the distraction of both cup have had an effect on our safety this season, I know there is an argument that we produced our best form while playing in the cups, I just think it's back fired on us.
Bad management has backfired on us, that and having rank average players. Those players though, should have been good enough to get a lot nearer 40 points than the total we will get this season.

A 'cup distraction' is an easy excuse for them, now we've started to flounder. I honestly think we would have seen better performances if the players were playing for a place in a cup final. What have we to motivate them now? Nothing, as a load of them won't be at Sunderland at the end of the season.

Who knows? We might have gone down and come back up or he might have turned it around, we'll never know.
I reckon it would have been the best chance under the current board to achieve some sort of success though as they've made a complete mess of trying to replace him. When Bruce and Quinn were at the club I felt we were in reasonably safe hands, even if relegation occurred. Compare bad contrast with any time since then...

Bruce is a shit manager with a great press following. 10th and 13th were not representative of his ability - we are well shot of him. Having poor results since he was sacked doesn't mean he should not have been sacked.
Hull are a dog having its day - it happens.

Bad management has backfired on us, that and having rank average players. Those players though, should have been good enough to get a lot nearer 40 points than the total we will get this season.

A 'cup distraction' is an easy excuse for them, now we've started to flounder. I honestly think we would have seen better performances if the players were playing for a place in a cup final. What have we to motivate them now? Nothing, as a load of them won't be at Sunderland at the end of the season.
But they only put in a few performances when they though they might get a cup winners meddle, we played very well when we beat Chelsea and Man U, so the proof is there they can do it when they want to, I don't think it's so much bad management, it's more the fact that the players will only be motivated when they feel like it, and it must be very frustrating for Gus when he sees that, I'm over the f***ing moon that they'll all be out of the club next season, I said in an earlier post that I think Gus will be looking for more power regarding player selection when they are bought and a few other things that he sees as wrong, personally I hope he gets his own way, because like PDC if he gets the type of player he want's I'm sure it'll be the type of player you'll get 100% from 100% of the time and not some half arsed performance like the current lot put in ( loan players excluded) after listening to Gus's comments lately I believe he knows what needs to be changed and I believe he will make this club what it should have been.

Would I prefer it to be November and have Steve Bruce as manager? Aye.

Bruce was going to get us relegated, and was sacked accordingly.
M'ON was going to get us relegated, and was sacked accordingly.
Di Canio was going to get us relegated, and was sacked accordingly.
Not sure about di canio, he had what 6 games? Too easy to say we'd have gone down with him in charge. Or too lazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back