Slugs

Hate slugs and snails. Prefer wasps and spiders to be honest. Slugs and snails have no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Not like they pollinate plants or anything remotely useful. Seems to be absolutely loads of them this year - big fat f*c*ers.
In fact, there’s loads of massive spiders too with huge webs and look like they’ve been down the gym on a pure protein diet. All sorts of weird colours and shapes.

They're getting into my porch somewhere. I keep finding them on the windowsill and I'd left the parcel shelf from the car stood up against the shoe cupboard and it was covered in slimey trails 🤢

It's on my jobs list to find out where they're getting in and seal it up.
Get some snail tape

They're getting into my porch somewhere. I keep finding them on the windowsill and I'd left the parcel shelf from the car stood up against the shoe cupboard and it was covered in slimey trails 🤢

Put copper tape down. It gives them a static shock so they hate it.

Hate slugs and snails. Prefer wasps and spiders to be honest. Slugs and snails have no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Not like they pollinate plants or anything remotely useful. Seems to be absolutely loads of them this year - big fat f*c*ers.
In fact, there’s loads of massive spiders too with huge webs and look like they’ve been down the gym on a pure protein diet. All sorts of weird colours and shapes.
Some species, the leopard spotted ones I think eat rotten matter only. So they help clean up lawns which are bad for the environment in themselves.

Was getting them all the time then spotted where the sliney twats were coming in and sealed it, now get maybe one every couple of months which gets death by saxo.
We gave up growing Strawberries, even with those hanging pots the slimy little snots got them, 3 years ago I started going out after dark with a tub of Salt and a torch,
Logon or register to see this image
What I really need is some Hedgehogs.
This year we have hardly seen one, I tried salty water in a spray can but that stuff did more damage to the plants.

You need four bottles of beer and a bean bag.

Open the first bottle a bit after sunset, and drip beer around the porch to attract them. Then sit on the bean bag and drink the other three while you watch to see where they emerge from.

Or frogs eat slugs, fill your porch with frogs.

Little bastards ate all me sun flowers and plants. Have tried salt that copper tape and sprays poisens etc now I think I’ve got crack addicted slugs with the munchies.

To the poster who’s getting a new kitchen they find a new way In trust me had all the kitchen sealed and house repointed and they still got in, I recon they done something similar to the Iranian embassy siege.

I had heard about putting salt on them.

I picked up a load from round the garden, put them in a bucket and threw salt on them. I didn't realise it worked like acid on them. One of the big brown ones made a bolt for freedom, got to the rim of the bucket and then the salt on it's back must have ate through it, it oozed apart with one side hanging in the bucket and one on the patio.

It remains the most horrible thing I've ever done purposefully to an animal and not something I'd repeat. It seemed particularly cruel. The poison I put down might have a similar effect, but at least I don't see the results!
Nematodes are very effective and a natural bioactive solution. Chickens like the too, had hardly any for years whilst we had a few hens then hadn’t got any chickens for a few months and tge population exploded. Four battery rescue hens are getting on top of them now after a few weeks.

I give all the paved area outside the house a good going over with Patio Magic twice a year. Keeps everything looking nice and clean as it kills of the kinda algae stuff that forms in damp weather which slugs love, also gets rid of the slugs which I’m more than happy with.

Back