Slugs

Thanks, I'd not heard of that before.
Aye it works.

They were getting in my kitchen through the cavity at the patio doors but I think I fettled it by closing the gaps.

They are now getting into the porch and they are leaving their 'mini' mouse like shite all over the walls.

Disgusting things.

They are amongst earth's most disgusting creatures, I have a real aversion to them. They look like something off a horror film.
Theyre also dangerous to pets as unlike snails, they eat absolutely any organic matter, including shit. They can carry lungworm parasites.
Horrible things.
Didn't know this. I'll kill the fuckers with even more impunity from now on

Little bastards ate all me sun flowers and plants. Have tried salt that copper tape and sprays poisens etc now I think I’ve got crack addicted slugs with the munchies.

To the poster who’s getting a new kitchen they find a new way In trust me had all the kitchen sealed and house repointed and they still got in, I recon they done something similar to the Iranian embassy siege.
They only need a gap as thick as a bit of paper the x file Tooms style buggers.

Get them in the house, rancid bastards with their silvery trails.
Worst thing is if I get up during the night for a drink and come downstairs I often find them having some kind of party the ignorant shits (and I hate standing on them, yuck).
This. My mam gets them in her kitchen, i remember when i was younger i came downstairs to get a drink through the night. Never used to bother putting the light on cos there was a streetlight right next to kitchen window so was enough light to see what i was doing. Walked through in bare feet and stood on a slug. The squelch of it was disgusting, and always remember how cold it was!! They never used to bother me, but since that i cant stand them

That is one of the more memorable examples of pulp fiction that I read in my youth.

I believe he also wrote a similar book about man-eating swarms of locusts. He was nothing if not consistent.

Another one is James Herbert

Pretty much every paperback copy of his books sold in the 1980s would fall open on the page where there's detailed descriptions of people who are in the middle of smashing each other's back doors in when they're suddenly torn to pieces by whatever is in the title of the book

Pretty much every paperback copy of his books sold in the 1980s would fall open on the page where there's detailed descriptions of people who are in the middle of smashing each other's back doors in when they're suddenly torn to pieces by whatever is in the title of the book
Read a fair few of his anarl.

My mam would just give me books to read, a lot of which, looking back, were quite age-inappropriate.

I remember being in hospital aged about 11. I'd fallen from a rope swing in the woods near to where we lived - broke one wrist, dislocated the other, and knocked myself out. I was in for observation in case I had concussion. Both my arms were in casts and I was struggling to read the current offering from my mother.

One of the doctors who stopped by to check on me was most unimpressed when he clocked the title of the book - 'The Bloody Road To Death' by Sven Hassel.

Misunderstood creatures. Do prefer snails though
OK, Im intrigued. :lol:
How?
They only need a gap as thick as a bit of paper the x file Tooms style buggers.
We had our utility room (well, wesh hoose) window on its 'locked slightly open' position and I found a big black slug halfway through. It had flattened itself out into almost a disc shape as it squeezed through. I was fcking horrified.
I can pick spiders, woodlice and centipedes etc up with my bare hands without a second thought. Earthworms if I really, really have to, but slugs, forget it.

As an aside, I once caught a mouse in my kitchen cupboard with my bare hands! Not exactly karate chopping a seagull in half stuff, but I was quite chuffed with myself.

Last edited:

He lived in the same street as my uncle. He said he was nice enough but a bit odd.

Fill a small plastic container with some shit beer and put it in your garden or place where you usually find them and the next morning there will be loads of the twats drowned in the beer.

Fill a small plastic container with some shit beer and put it in your garden or place where you usually find them and the next morning there will be loads of the twats drowned in the beer.
You've inspired me! It's time those inconsiderate f*cks who like to play loud music get a dose of their own medicine.

I've just purchased a large plot of land in the countryside and will cover it with a round Circus tent. The 'ravers' will be attracted to the loud dance music and not notice the moat protectiing the tent. Ther are four entrances and once inside they will be greeted by total darkness.
Defending the entrances i've hired 16 "You've been Tangoe'd" soldiers and equipped with them with GK gloves for better purchase over the ears. The moat will be 25ft deep and 6ft wide and filled with Lucozade.

Thank you!

Back