Smart Heating Controls

couple of older threads worth reading

couple of older threads worth reading

A quick note and slight frustration about the Drayton Wiser. A few reviews I read said the control app was not as advanced as Nest and Hive and I'm seeing some of the effects of that.

One thing missing is being able to set different profiles for a room (or rooms) from a selection of self created ones. I set up quite a good winter heating schedule last year. As we got to late spring I found the heating was still clicking on early morning but as soon as the sun hit a few windows at 8am, the house heated naturally. I set up an override to change the threshold of all radiators to be about 14 degrees and not trigger. When I come to cancel that this winter, I found it had overwritten all the schedules and I had to set them up again.

Another similar one is my son's bedroom. We let it get cold during the day when he is at school, but I'll need to change it for half term and then change it back. It would be nice to have a pulldown menu and go to school holiday mode then quickly change back.

Once you set up a schedule for one day, it is quick to copy to other days or other rooms, but it does mean you have to remember what it was. I set everything up again on Monday and by Tuesday the house was far too hot. I've then got back a few times and stepped the temperature down a little until it is feeling about right. It took a few days initially getting everything right and I'm going through this again this year. A screenshot of settings might be the easy way to fix it.

Another vote for Wiser. I have 6 WiFi TRVs and one main thermostat, though we can’t find it atm. Each room is controlled independently. Perfect, it had saved us a few quid.

We’re similar, 15c overnight, 20c for an hour or so first thing in the morning and then 18c during the day, boosted as and when.
Similar, but 15 during the day, unless someone is in and boosts it.

Only moved in here in the summer so I've got no idea how much it costs to heat. Smart meter has been about £2 a day the last few days.

Back