So,,,, getting away from the run of the mill cash, beer threads, without getting snipped...

Mrs J is a teacher and her work stories are endless and painful. I’d never assume she’d be interested in the day to day humdrum of my job so no idea why she thinks I want to hear about every interaction she has with staff or kids. Still easier to grin and bare it than ignore her and be called a dick

Must be hard to switch off from it tbf. Dealing with young'uns with various issues and problems you are trying to steer them through. Compassion would mean you probably end up taking their problems home with you at times. Not like changing a spark plug or owt where you can just switch your brain off and do it like a robot with no real consequence. Good teachers are worth their weight in gold imo.

I raise you a...

How boring are teachers?
My Sister and Brother in law are and they barely talk about it, bar the odd story.

The last one my Brother in Law told, he was just starting at Washington Comp. and had all the kids lined up ready to go in class, then this big fat lass trundles up and says " who the fucks this cvnt"

He's in hysterics when he tells it.

All they do is talk as if the school system is the be all and end all of education and whinge about their wages.

Most of them are embarrassingly thick.

I'd quite like to be a teacher. Getting on a bit now for it though I think.

I did some in house lecturing the other month, and thoroughly enjoyed it compared to the day to day stuff. Your chance to shape the mind and put in the framework for the next wave of professionals. Should give it a go it you want to do it. Professor Monkeytassle got a ring to it.

Last edited:
My Sister and Brother in law are and they barely talk about it, bar the odd story.

The last one my Brother in Law told, he was just starting at Washington Comp. and had all the kids lined up ready to go in class, then this big fat lass trundles up and says " who the fucks this cvnt"

He's in hysterics when he tells it.

I occasionally do work in schools, once I was a school foyer and there were a couple of school kids arguing with a teacher who turned out to be the headmistress the mouthy girl shouted at the teacher “have you got any paracetamol”, teach replies calmly “why do you need paracetamol”, girl replies “coz you are giving me a fcking headache”In my day you would have got the 6 of the cane and suspended for a week

Back