So,,,, getting away from the run of the mill cash, beer threads, without getting snipped...

Mrs J is a teacher and her work stories are endless and painful. I’d never assume she’d be interested in the day to day humdrum of my job so no idea why she thinks I want to hear about every interaction she has with staff or kids. Still easier to grin and bare it than ignore her and be called a dick

She might be able to help you with the correct spelling of ‘bear’, unless you really wanted to communicate that you get weirdly naked and smile at her when she tells you about her day?

Last edited:

All of the teachers were old when I was at school, like ancient to the point that theres actually no survivors at the school now (although one has only recently retired. Now practically all of the bairns teachers (juniors and comp) are all youngins like mid 20s early 30s. Know quite a few teachers now and they are sound
Was that not because you were really young and so anybody over 25 seemed old? Now you're old they all seem young, like policemen?
I went to our school years reunion when we were all 40. Our headmistress who to me as an 11 year old, was at least 60 turned up. She only looked about 60 all those years later and wasn't the dragon I thought she was. She looked quite attractive. Ditto a few other teachers who were there.
My son is a teacher and he's far from boring. He's just the opposite and a bit manic if anything. I sometimes wind him up about teachers not doing well on quiz shows like the chase but he doesn't care or bite. Just points out that a young teacher doesn't need to know what was on the B side of the Beatles first single. That's just stuff old farts like you know. He's probably right actually. You pick up general knowledge from your time living, you don't learn it in education.

Was that not because you were really young and so anybody over 25 seemed old? Now you're old they all seem young, like policemen?
I went to our school years reunion when we were all 40. Our headmistress who to me as an 11 year old, was at least 60 turned up. She only looked about 60 all those years later and wasn't the dragon I thought she was. She looked quite attractive. Ditto a few other teachers who were there.
My son is a teacher and he's far from boring. He's just the opposite and a bit manic if anything. I sometimes wind him up about teachers not doing well on quiz shows like the chase but he doesn't care or bite. Just points out that a young teacher doesn't need to know what was on the B side of the Beatles first single. That's just stuff old farts like you know. He's probably right actually. You pick up general knowledge from your time living, you don't learn it in education. castle view teachers were ancient, like they'd already taught a lot of people's mam's and dad when we went

My son is a teacher and he's far from boring. He's just the opposite and a bit manic if anything. I sometimes wind him up about teachers not doing well on quiz shows like the chase but he doesn't care or bite. Just points out that a young teacher doesn't need to know what was on the B side of the Beatles first single. That's just stuff old farts like you know. He's probably right actually. You pick up general knowledge from your time living, you don't learn it in education.
Could be an element of that with some of them but a lot of them were definitely older, I mean they taught a lot of our mam's and dad's 20+ years previous

My primary and early secondary schoolteachers were all old blokes coming up to retirement. All had seen WWII in the services or had the experiences of it. They were good teachers and they took no prisoners. Discipline in school was never a problem, even the parents were wary of them.
That was in the days before they'd invented climate change, gender fluidity, pollution and global warming, so life was much simpler then. Get through school, get a trade, get a job with a decent wage and anything else was a bonus. Makes you nostalgic don't it?

Daft generalisation. Or stereotype, not sure which. Should have stuck in a bit more at school.

But, i've noticed that some don't have an off switch.

Meaning that they talk to (some) adults the way they talk to kids.

Like coppers, they do an important an difficult job.

My ex was/is a teacher. I don't envy the job one bit. She used to put some hours in...it's not 9-3 and 13 weeks off a year as some would believe.

They obviously failed to teach you to read....this is what they're up against
How can you discern my ability to read from my post?

You could have taken issue with my spelin but I am confident that you knew my post was tongue in cheek.

Regardless, you have the right to express your opinion.

My primary and early secondary schoolteachers were all old blokes coming up to retirement. All had seen WWII in the services or had the experiences of it. They were good teachers and they took no prisoners. Discipline in school was never a problem, even the parents were wary of them.
That was in the days before they'd invented climate change, gender fluidity, pollution and global warming, so life was much simpler then. Get through school, get a trade, get a job with a decent wage and anything else was a bonus. Makes you nostalgic don't it?
Interesting that pollution wasn’t around when you went to school. You never heard of ‘The Smoke’. What year was it when you started? 1705?

I know a couple of teachers who are thick as fuck.
They are fine repeating stuff they've learned from a book but can they fuck apply it.

Back