Something's not reet.

I think we tried to evolve from a team that would let the opposition play (away from home especially) then punish them in transition when we got a chance to a possession based team with O’Nein as a ball playing CB.

The former is still what we are best at which is why when teams come and try to play a similar style against us (Southampton, Stoke, Norwich, Plymouth) we do well. The teams who learned to let us have the ball, mark Clarke, and hit us on the counter have had better luck.

Under Mowbray at least, this was the issue….im not sure what we are supposed to be doing these days but it’s even worse.

Problem is quality forwards cost a bit of money that we are not prepared to pay. Speakman needs to realise that Ross Stewart for £300k from Ross county was a one off....could be a decade before we get lucky that that again.

Ps. Plus he was a Lee Johnson signing, nothing to do with the recruitment team unearthing him.
You may want to watch STID mate. KS talks about the Stewart signing as if it's his

For me, the summers transfer window was as bad as the Di Fanti's one. Scattergun approach on pretty much nowt but L1 and below standard players.

I thought the same, but on STID speakman has his little bit going on about the data and Stewart signing
Aye he is knob trying to get credit for someone else's work. Johnson recommended him, he put it through his little excel macro on his laptop and then decided at £300k and £3k a week wages was just what we needed.

Back