Stewart Downing to sign for...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gate receipts would be 2.3millIon then.still a 1.6million short fall not including concession tickets.
That's assuming they have no operating costs to offset the income as tax deductible. There are very few profitable clubs about; most will be spending nigh on everything they receive.

Streaker knows his shit when it comes to pecuniary matters. Do not question him. He knaas his onions when it comes to pounds, pence and shillings.
This is true, he walks around with a spanner in his pocket in case he needs to get a 50p piece out of his sweaty little mits.

Errr Boro's a business, they'll pay 20% Corporation tax, probably nowhere near with their accountants.......plus there'll be increased corporate, sponsorship, etc, etc.........Speculate to accumulate Rodders, Boro putting something together can be the only thing delaying this....

Good luck to the Smoggy fookas
Your qupte of 5k on gates is wrong treacle pants.thats all im saying.they would need to sell out. What sponsorship is it really going to bring in though? If he takes a wage cut n percentage of gate receipts n sponsorships the club are short elsewhere. Bye the bye im not sure we should target a man setting up for retirement.for us its a bad move if that all hes coming home for. For boro its a very ambitious move for them n i hope it takes them under :):)

That's assuming they have no operating costs to offset the income as tax deductible. There are very few profitable clubs about; most will be spending nigh on everything they receive.
Im no wizz with finances im debt ridden meself. Im sure theyl manufacture a way into making it happen. Good luck to em. We should avoid at all costs if hes looking for a cosy retirement pad up north

Grasping at straws, Gibbo will bankroll it.......That's where he's going......
Im well aware thats whats going to happen there mate. Do u think if ellis bankrolled it personally we could get away with it? I think there could be an unofficial signing on fee and an unofficial severance package also after 4years

Im well aware thats whats going to happen there mate. Do u think if ellis bankrolled it personally we could get away with it? I think there could be an unofficial signing on fee and an unofficial severance package also after 4years

Or a Dogs bank account in Monaco.........Who knaas

Grasping at straws, Gibbo will bankroll it.......That's where he's going......

And...........Nee club ever busts it's budget eh......

Aye but they have lost nearly £40 million in the last two seasons when their total turnover was around £25 million in total...

They have lost more than us and our turnover is around 9 times theirs..

Aye but they have lost nearly £40 million in the last two seasons when their total turnover was around £25 million in total...

They have lost more than us and our turnover is around 9 times theirs..

So what's another £3-4m to try and get in the Prem.........Think they will be top 2 if he signs

So what's another £3-4m to try and get in the Prem.........Think they will be top 2 if he signs
Aye sounds like peanuts but in respect of their finances it's anything but....

It's more than their entire gate receipts and around a third of their total wage bill...

Gibson not that wealthy in football terms and he's already propping up enormous losses....

It's equivalent to us losing well over £200 million in the last two seasons....

It's more than their entire gate receipts and around a third of their total wage bill...

Gibson not that wealthy in football terms and he's already propping up enormous losses....

Shit or Bust if they don't make the prem then

Gibson, to a degree, has to be admired for the money he has chucked at them. I have no real hatred of boro but he is never going to make them sustainable to any degree. We, at least have a fighting chance.

Gibson, to a degree, has to be admired for the money he has chucked at them. I have no real hatred of boro but he is never going to make them sustainable to any degree. We, at least have a fighting chance.
Get them up this season and into the new TV money and they will be.

Not even a degree mate. ..totally without exception......

It must have cost him a significant proportion of his coin.

Get them up this season and into the new TV money and they will be.
As stated sh:t or bust.

Not even a degree mate. ..totally without exception......

It must have cost him a significant proportion of his coin.
Fair play to him. If he had been a sunderland supporter he wouldnt have needed to invest anywhere as much because our fan base would have supported his initial investment. Never mind at least he wasnt born a mag.

No we don't, no fookas outside of the top 4 can be.......We're all fooked with and without SKY

If he does go there it has to be a very low wage with a monster bonus for promotion. .

They won't be paying him 40/50k a week...
Im sure he has a couple of years left in the premier league. If he wanted to end his career there he could give them a season or two then. Strange decision if he goes there now imho.

No we don't, no fookas outside of the top 4 can be.......We're all fooked with and without SKY
In fairness mate money has / will screw football. Its no longer a sport. Just look at scotland when there is no meaningful competition.

Im sure he has a couple of years left in the premier league. If he wanted to end his career there he could give them a season or two then. Strange decision if he goes there now imho.

Eh? Prodigal son trying to get his team back into the Prem? Big promotion push, winning every week, King of the Smogs or he could try and get us mid-table..... He'll never have to buy another parmo combo with Zhakarov...

I know what I'd do.........

Eh? Prodigal son trying to get his team back into the Prem? Big promotion push, winning every week, King of the Smogs or he could try and get us mid-table..... He'll never have to buy another parmo combo with Zhakarov...

I know what I'd do.........
Boro in the championship or sunderland in the premier league should be no comparison but obviously if he wants to play the prodigal son bit.

How much sherar would have won if he had went to man u? He could have given the skunks a season or two and still would have been admired.

If downing goes there i still think its a strange decision but fair play to him if he wants to be the local hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back