Tesco in The Bridges to close

It is though, you can't count cutting through Primark to get through as people will just avoid it and it's shows badly especially on High Street West which has died since they ever done that and now the Bridges is struggling down there aswell.

There used to be some decent retail down there Curry's, BHS, M&S, Game, Argos, Littlewoods, Mothercare, JJB Sports and numerous shoe shops. Now there's M&S and no offence to the stores mostly junk and Ashley can join that.

I'm still pissed at argos for closing the wearfield one .... one of the few argos's you could park right outside on the same level and get heavy stuff straight in the car.

Said that at the time about primark blocking the access at that off
I consciously avoid that end because I don’t want to have to fight my way through some shop full of chaveney’s and chavettes

It is though, you can't count cutting through Primark to get through as people will just avoid it and it's shows badly especially on High Street West which has died since they ever done that and now the Bridges is struggling down there aswell.

There used to be some decent retail down there Curry's, BHS, M&S, Game, Argos, Littlewoods, Mothercare, JJB Sports and numerous shoe shops. Now there's M&S and no offence to the stores mostly junk and Ashley can join that.

it's not

Game is now in sports direct - cost cutting measure when Mike Ashley bought them. Just like USC also that was in the bridges a few years ago.

Game is now in sports direct - cost cutting measure when Mike Ashley bought them. Just like USC also that was in the bridges a few years ago.

Aye I seen that, I don't get the point in Game nowadays though tbh. Who buys games from a shop, pays more than online then you have to wait to download it anyway. Totally pointless.

Was all kicking off in the one next to the SOL after the match. Member of staff filming a group of men on his phone. Apparently they weren’t allowed to sit in the closed cafe area. But they refused to budge and continued to sit eating an Easter egg. Security was called as well.

Bet you it will be a eye watering expensive tesco metro, express or even crapper one stop

Tesco Express. They're hardly gonna squeeze a Tesco Extra on the site. Wouldn't say they were eye wateringly expensive, not compared to M&S which is the only other alternative in the town.

Last edited:
Selling alcohol until midnight. That’s not gonna be pretty. Assuming the echo has its facts right, of course.

Most close at 10pm. The odd one in large cities open til 11pm. Cannit see it staying open last any of those tbh. I used to run a club that had a licence up to midnight but we closed at 11pm.

Back