That Dyche fella

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginger goatee. Anyone who tries to pull that off has balls of steel

Funny old game, If anyone recommend's a relegated player all hell breaks loose and 'we should not sign relegated players' brigade appears. But a relegated manager and that's ok!

i remember the cry for another Burnley manager who got them promoted,and did sort of ok,Owen Coyle was the name,wonder where he is now

Have you seen their team? A Clough/Mourinho hybrid would've struggled to save 'em.

this is true,tho the media for some reason fell in love with the ginger one and his team,and tried to make them better than they were

i remember the cry for another Burnley manager who got them promoted,and did sort of ok,Owen Coyle was the name,wonder where he is now

this is true,tho the media for some reason fell in love with the ginger one and his team,and tried to make them better than they were
Houston Dymamos in the MLS although you already knew this

The arrogance of this kind of comment...

Getting relegated with that Burnley side is a massive failure, is it?

5 points shy of survival, with next to no money to spend, they barely ever got hammered by any side, scrapped for every point, if Dyche kept them up then he'd be close to manager of the season, what a shallow criticism to make of him.

Dyche has done an amazing job there.

1 year's PL experience, presiding over 7 wins and 19 defeats. No thanks
He got that with a team much inferior to any side in the league, he equalled the amount of wins we got with players on huge wages comparatively and with a squad full of players who cost barely anything.

The fans at the club love him. There was an outcry when he suggested that he was. a prem manager which got them thinking he was leaving.

He did exactly the same kind of job as the likes of Eddie Howe however, he did it with hardly any signings and on a shoestring budget.

He would be a massive gamble but he installs a fighting spirit into the team and from what I've heard he is adored by the players he has worked with.

I'm unsure but if we are going to take a punt on someone, I'd rather have him them clement or Allardyce.

I like him but there's always a chance he's another Ian Holloway

Of course there is......Holloway did a fantastic job with Blackpool but was subsequently found out. Dyche however, isnt a "rentaquote" the way Holloway is/was. I keep pointing people to the interview he did with The Independent but i suppose no fucker actually takes the time to read it. It's very illuminating as to his beliefs and his qualities as a human being. In trying to analyse the "Dick effect" it seems as if an honest, straightforward and no nonsense approach went down well with the players. After two "snidey" characters in Di Canio and Poyet the players responded to a man with whom they knew where they stood. I see the same qualities in Dyche but i also liked his footballing philosophy with Burnley this season......i know people will deride this but Burnley as a team worked harder (statistically) than EVERY opponent this season....they failed for lack of quality, not lack of effort......and all with a salary cap of £20k.

Here's the link to the interview in case anyone wants to check him out.....

Pre-season interview...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...pionship-leaders-into-the-Premier-League.html

End of season interview...
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-footballs-world-of-makebelieve-10221502.html

The arrogance of this kind of comment...

Getting relegated with that Burnley side is a massive failure, is it?

5 points shy of survival, with next to no money to spend, they barely ever got hammered by any side, scrapped for every point, if Dyche kept them up then he'd be close to manager of the season, what a shallow criticism to make of him.

Dyche has done an amazing job there.

He got that with a team much inferior to any side in the league, he equalled the amount of wins we got with players on huge wages comparatively and with a squad full of players who cost barely anything.
so he managed a team of plucky losers who still got relegated. ok, fair enough and well done to him but I don't see how that qualifies him to be our manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back