The adoption process

Couple of mates have and I imagine most people don't see the hard work that goes on in the background. Most adopted kids have obviously not had a great start in life and they might not fully get over it. Seems to be an incredibly rewarding experience for them and the kids though no matter how much hard work is involved.
First time I met my mate's kids we took them to the park and had a great time until one fell over and scraped his face. All hell broke loose and we were basically two blokes carrying two screaming kids out of a park. When we got to my mate's the lad refused to have Sudocrem on his face then said 'You first' pointing at me.
I spent the whole afternoon with a face full of Sudocrem whilst they calmed down. :lol:

It’ll be on our horizon in the not too distant future, so interested to see the replies on this.

3 failed rounds of IVF (all paid for which you can imagine added to the extra stress)

Fly to Croatia back end of March to have her implanted with an embryo we’ve paid for (all done through a clinic). 78% success rate compared to the 44% UK IVF.

If that fails, then we are going down the adoption route.

By Croatia, I meant Czech Republic.

Just landed, embryo transfer tomorrow. Haway someone else’s super spunk and egg

When I worked for the council, our department did the printing of the permanence panel agendas. It was heartbreaking to read.

This is one thing we are potentially looking into as well.

We have two boys already and we know we are lucky in that respect, but the chances of us having another one are a lot more slim since my wife had an ectopic pregnancy and has had to have one of her tubes surgically removed about this time last year.

We have talked about it a little, but feel like we should give it slightly more time before deciding whether to go through adoption process or not. We are both still young and both healthy enough so it's definitely not out of the realms of possibility. Just probably going to be a year or two down the line if it does happen.

It’ll be on our horizon in the not too distant future, so interested to see the replies on this.

3 failed rounds of IVF (all paid for which you can imagine added to the extra stress)

Fly to Croatia back end of March to have her implanted with an embryo we’ve paid for (all done through a clinic). 78% success rate compared to the 44% UK IVF.

If that fails, then we are going down the adoption route.
We are on our 3 round of IVF marra. Thinking about the same too.... Best of luck to you both 👍

Edit. Just seen your latest update. Brilliant news!!

Last edited:
We are on our 3 round of IVF marra. Thinking about the same too.... Best of luck to you both 👍

Edit. Just seen your latest update. Brilliant news!!

Would highly recommend what we've done. The main thing being they use hatching blastocysts whereas the NHS are one step behind this (they don't use hatching). The success rates are night and day too, 44% in the UK compared to 77% over there.
Good luck mate. Must be an incredibly stressful process.

The last 7 year has been an utter nightmare with it. This time around we feel much better about the situation so fingers crossed this is the one

Last edited:

Back