The bloke who has the SAFC memorabilia collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good to hear. I can only think of positives if we were to have a museum. I would have thought if it was done properly people would volunteer to help support it.
I know I would, apart from match days there's nothing really Sunderland related stuff I can do while I'm up there. I know we have tours but I'm not going every time I'm up. Michael has a huge collection that I'm sure many fans will love to see everything.

The plan is for it to be more than just a museum. There will hopefully be regular 'Special Guests' doing Q&As and such.

Loads of ideas in place.

In the meantime keep an eye out for talk ins around the area where some of the memorabilia will be on display.

So far:

March 6 at The Board Inn with Marco Gabbiadini.

May 2 at Railway Inn Ryhope with several 73 cup winners.

The plan is for it to be more than just a museum. There will hopefully be regular 'Special Guests' doing Q&As and such.

Loads of ideas in place.

In the meantime keep an eye out for talk ins around the area where some of the memorabilia will be on display.

So far:

March 6 at The Board Inn with Marco Gabbiadini.

May 2 at Railway Inn Ryhope with several 73 cup winners.
Anything around easter April time? I'm coming to watch the derby and Michael did suggest to ask someone when I know what date I'm coming up

Anything around easter April time? I'm coming to watch the derby and Michael did suggest to ask someone when I know what date I'm coming up

Nothing definite as yet but lots of enquiries so watch this space.
The lead up to Derby weekend is usually a popular time for them.

There was a thread on here about a guy who had an exhibition of his SAFC collection in the Bridges. Has anyone got his details to pass onto a mate who's looking for a home for his?

Many thanks lads and lasses.
I'll send a PM.

by the replies I don't need to but if you get stuck giz a PM. He's my mate.

I went to the bridges display when I was up last, it was brilliant. I held the golden boot, I wore and held Borinis cup final shirt and boots. Was a brilliant day for me, bought my new Sunderland shirt as well. Got porterfield on the back of it, so you'll lot will recognise me in April

It was canny and its great that someone is getting memorabilia together so that other fans can see it. The only thing i disagree with is letting people wear shirts like Borinis cup final one, i've got a few of the poppy shirts but id never dream of wearing them, not sure if thats just me being precious or something but i like them staying "untouched" as it were. I think they should just be looked at rather than worn by hundreds of randoms, might be in the minority mind

It was canny and its great that someone is getting memorabilia together so that other fans can see it. The only thing i disagree with is letting people wear shirts like Borinis cup final one, i've got a few of the poppy shirts but id never dream of wearing them, not sure if thats just me being precious or something but i like them staying "untouched" as it were, i think they should just be looked at rather than worn by hundreds of randons, might be in the minority mind
I agree to a point, I even wore Porterfields jacket. it's just brilliant how unselfish he is, having little kids come and hold all priceless stuff etc it's amazing. Wearing Borinis shirt though, I had to. I could of worn any on display but borini was the only Sunderland player score at Wembley

I agree to a point, I even wore Porterfields jacket. it's just brilliant how unselfish he is, having little kids come and hold all priceless stuff etc it's amazing. Wearing Borinis shirt though, I had to. I could of worn any on display but borini was the only Sunderland player score at Wembley

Oh i dont disagree with people wearing it when given the chance (if you didnt loads of others would have anyway!) i just wouldnt have given anyone the opportunity, but fair play to the lad, its his collection and hes good enough to let people enjoy it so i guess he can do what he wants with it within reason!

There's a funny story about the golden boot.

SKP had agreed to send it up for the Bridges display but as the date drew closer it still hadn't arrived.

Michael made enquiries and it turned out that he'd forgot to send it and it had been in the car boot for the best part of a week :)

There's a funny story about the golden boot.

SKP had agreed to send it up for the Bridges display but as the date drew closer it still hadn't arrived.

Michael made enquiries and it turned out that he'd forgot to send it and it had been in the car boot for the best part of a week :)
:lol:
I also know on the last date Philips was supposed to come and close the display, Michael was talking about it when his phone rang, turned out super Kev was busy

It was canny and its great that someone is getting memorabilia together so that other fans can see it. The only thing i disagree with is letting people wear shirts like Borinis cup final one, i've got a few of the poppy shirts but id never dream of wearing them, not sure if thats just me being precious or something but i like them staying "untouched" as it were. I think they should just be looked at rather than worn by hundreds of randoms, might be in the minority mind

I've got Michael Inghams Poppy shirt, framed on the wall, if anybody asks it's a match worn Poom one.

Bonus was got it dirt cheap and it was in immaculate condition as that clown never wore it.

Think it was a 0-0 game against Coventry in 2003, the first year they did the poppy auctions.

I've got Michael Inghams Poppy shirt, framed on the wall, if anybody asks it's a match worn Poom one.

Bonus was got it dirt cheap and it was in immaculate condition as that clown never wore it.

Think it was a 0-0 game against Coventry in 2003, the first year they did the poppy auctions.

Canny that. My first one was an unworn Daryl Murphy one (yay!), i then got a match worn Malbranque one,unworn Cattermole and match worn Sessegnon, Mignolet and Johnson ones. Gave the mignolet one to my lasses bairn as he plays in goal. The johnson one is my favourite because he scored in it (think it was his first goal for the club). Havent got one last couple of years because we knew we were having a bairn so i cut back on frivolous spending!

I've got a few other match worn shirts, Gary Owers, Marco Gabbiadini and Gordon Armstrong. Ones from the late 80's when Linden House were their kit sponsors.

Although impossible to tell as they've only got a number on the back!

I've got a Skillgallon one.
Reason being my son was born on the 12th and he was our No 12 when he was born.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back