The fall and fall of the Wise Men Say podcast

What a shame to see this once great podcast going down the pan. It's barely tolerable these days. The latest offering is Brough to you from some pub toilets, whereby you can barely hear what they are saying over the acoustic music in the background. It seems every offering they do now is in a pub and barely audible. Loved it when Gareth and Stephen did it but it's terrible now.

What a shame to see this once great podcast going down the pan. It's barely tolerable these days. The latest offering is Brough to you from some pub toilets, whereby you can barely hear what they are saying over the acoustic music in the background. It seems every offering they do now is in a pub and barely audible. Loved it when Gareth and Stephen did it but it's terrible now.
Think you’ll find Gareth and Stephen are both still involved though not always on together

Was always the best sunderland podcast going, I don't get as much time to listen to any of them these days like, o just listen to the more national pods.

Stephen and Gareth were great but the constant Speakman sniping was a bit boring. The Thursday crew weren't my cup of tea at all but each to their own.

Was always the best sunderland podcast going, I don't get as much time to listen to any of them these days like, o just listen to the more national pods.

Stephen and Gareth were great but the constant Speakman sniping was a bit boring. The Thursday crew weren't my cup of tea at all but each to their own.
It was decent. Well put together and good listening. I appreciate these are fans, doing it for free, but it's still a shame

I posted about this the other day too 😞

The football chat is spot on, but sadly not enough of it IMO.

Switched it off the other week when they were talking about Iceland and swans😕

Still though, it’s SAFC supporters providing free content for other fans. Shouldn’t grumble really. But it has gone downhill

I don’t really get their crack, although I do listen when tidying up just for background noise. I enjoy WTF and RR loads better though. Hard to explain, but WMS are a bit hipster-ish for me.

Tried it again a couple of weeks ago, and it was worse than I remembered. Some lass going on about how she’d been to Iceland (the country), and was absolutely AMAZED that they didn’t have Iceland (the supermarket). Then some waffle about German McDonalds. Switched it off.

What The Falk is the pinnacle of SAFC podcasts. Followed by RR.

Last edited:
Tried it again a couple of weeks ago, and it was worse than I remembered. Some lass going on about how she’d been to Iceland (the country), and was absolutely AMAZED that they didn’t have Iceland (the supermarket). Then some waffle about German McDonalds. Switched it off.

What The Falk is the pinnacle of SAFC podcasts. Followed by RR.
Agree that What The Falk and RR are the best.

Back