The fall and fall of the Wise Men Say podcast

Listen to WMS, RR and WTF every week when walking the dogs or going for a run. Like them all. All have their ups and downs and like anything and anyone they can annoy at times, but fair play to everyone involved for the time and commitment. Great for exiles like me.

The host on the preview who talks about missing loads of goals, not seeing the game and being sad cos international breaks are over is a bit annoying.

The posh lass comes across well and seems more clued up and passionate.

At the end of the day its free content not sure why anyone would go out of the way to moan about it.

Personally I enjoy them all and keeps me entertained on my walks

Constructive feedback.

I get they're you're friends and you don't want to be critical. They all seem decent enough folk so this isn't a critique of them as people.

Ok, genuine question. When you hear them recording from a toilet or in a pub whereby it's barely audible, you can't think that's good?
We record in a variety of different ways. The way we do is generally dictated by circumstance.

They don’t record in a toilet. Generally the reactions are done from the pub and the background adds a bit of colour imo and sets the scene.

Personally I’m grateful to the people who give up their time to do it. So I’m not going to dig them out for providing content that’s not professional broadcast quality.

What a shame to see this once great podcast going down the pan. It's barely tolerable these days. The latest offering is Brough to you from some pub toilets, whereby you can barely hear what they are saying over the acoustic music in the background. It seems every offering they do now is in a pub and barely audible. Loved it when Gareth and Stephen did it but it's terrible now.
I normally listen to podcasts while running and struggle to understand what’s being said during the ones recorded in pubs when I’m anywhere near traffic

Appreciate their efforts though, podcasts are very useful for exiles

We record in a variety of different ways. The way we do is generally dictated by circumstance.

They don’t record in a toilet. Generally the reactions are done from the pub and the background adds a bit of colour imo and sets the scene.

Personally I’m grateful to the people who give up their time to do it. So I’m not going to dig them out for providing content that’s not professional broadcast quality.
appreciate the ref being brought up in the latest one. its easy to blame a ref when we lose but its important to continue to highlight their failings when we win.

I think she's great. A very dry sense of humour which has gone over the heads of some on here, judging by at least one of the previous posts.
I agree, she’s my favourite on the reaction pods. Excitable and makes some very good observations. Her voice carries well I think too, as opposed to male drones. That’s not a dig at the lads either, my voice is very droney as well and it’s just not meant for recorded audio :lol:

The lass has a nice voice
Don’t mind them doing the ones in the pub - it’s obviously to get a quick one out straight after the game
Not arsed about the preview ones as they seem to overdo the banter

As has been mentioned though - it’s all free and I appreciate free content!

Back