The Jews Desperately Trying To Forge A Case For War Against Iran

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's your point

'We' have caused a lot of the bad feeling in the Middle East and have been antagonistic while building empires and influencing other countries.

Someone posting on a Jewish or Palestinian message board may say "Those Westerners are always causing bother, I wish they'd fook off and leave us to it".

The question was "Does anyone here want Iran to get the bomb?", so do you? This is a separate issue to their "right" to have it.
Well according to the hawks they are what kept the peace for 40 years during the cold war. I say give every country one. I'd sleep better for sure.

Well according to the hawks they are what kept the peace for 40 years during the cold war. I say give every country one. I'd sleep better for sure.

Blackadder: You see, Baldrick, in order to prevent a war in Europe, two super blocs developed: us, the French and the Russians on one side; and the Germans and Austro-Hungary on the other. The idea was to have two vast, opposing armies, each acting as the other's deterrent. That way, there could never be a war.
Baldrick: Except, well, this is sort of a war, isn't it?
Blackadder: That's right. There was one tiny flaw in the plan.
George: Oh, what was that?
Blackadder: It was bollocks.

Where to? Heaven to be with Allah? The person with his finger on the button might not be so worried about the prospect of Martyrdom.

I think you'd find that the people who are sitting on geysers of oil revenues and enjoying the trappings of state are much less inclined to assure their own destruction than the rank-and-file terrorists who aren't.

'We' have caused a lot of the bad feeling in the Middle East and have been antagonistic while building empires and influencing other countries.

Someone posting on a Jewish or Palestinian message board may say "Those Westerners are always causing bother, I wish they'd fook off and leave us to it".
Oh sorry , I forgot to turn the middl East issue into a UK one

If he doesn't really believe Iran is close to having a nuclear weapon and as you say, is just bullshitting, what ulterior motive could he have for wanting to go to war with them?

To destroy what he and his counterparts ultimately see as the only threat to their existence, after all, they have the West under wraps. It makes just as much sense giving Iran the bomb as it does Israel, ofcourse no nukes would be ideal but that is never going to happen is it. Iran want the bomb so they can establish MAD with Israel.

I don't know, that's why I'm asking. The only reason I can see for him wanting action against Iran is he feels they pose a real threat to Israel. He may be totally wrong of course. Iran is too far away to be of any 'land grab' value, IMO, unless anyone knows different?

Regarding the Saddam comment, maybe he thought it was a good idea and was terribly ill informed. You would think it would make him think twice about wanting another war to start though

The mistake was to place the terrorists who strove for political change in that region giving them land, Israel are concerned of the possibility of a united Islam which will ultimately claim back the holy lands. It will unfold if we give ISIS what they want and go in and start chucking munitions around for fun, again.

I don't want nuclear proliferation. I don't want anyone else to get the bomb.

Does anyone here want Iran to get the bomb?
Reduces the threat of one nation being wiped out and turns it into many nations being wiped out, only seems fair that if you fire a nuke at someone you can expect one back. I would prefer a world where there are no nukes but that is not likely to happen, and the fact it takes years off war is a bit of a pro; Nagasaki, Hiroshima.

Last edited:
Reduces the threat of one nation being wiped out and turns it into many nations being wiped out, only seems fair that if you fire a nuke at someone you can expect one back. I would prefer a world where there are no nukes but that is not likely to happen, and the fact it takes years off war is a bit of a pro; Nagasaki, Hiroshima.

The more people that have them, the more chance a conflict might escalate out of control.

I couldn't tell from you answer whether you wanted Iran to get the bomb. Do you?

Iran will get them anyway, why would Obama listen to Netanyahu and back Iran into a corner?

The more people that have them, the more chance a conflict might escalate out of control.

I couldn't tell from you answer whether you wanted Iran to get the bomb. Do you?

Simply put, yes. They are no more extreme or dangerous than Israel and we were able to find perfectly legitimate cause for them to get the bomb. We are perpetuating the inequality and disparity between nations in that region by denying Iran the bomb, it is convenient for Israel that Iran are not allowed the bomb as it means there will be no true opposition to their terrorism in Palestine. If Israel were threatened with Nuclear destruction every time they attempted a land grab I doubt Palestine/Israel would have witnessed some of the barbaric behavior it has, obviously we can not deny the fact that mutually assured destruction would have ended it all in minutes.

Simply put, yes. They are no more extreme or dangerous than Israel and we were able to find perfectly legitimate cause for them to get the bomb. We are perpetuating the inequality and disparity between nations in that region by denying Iran the bomb, it is convenient for Israel that Iran are not allowed the bomb as it means there will be no true opposition to their terrorism in Palestine. If Israel were threatened with Nuclear destruction every time they attempted a land grab I doubt Palestine/Israel would have witnessed some of the barbaric behavior it has, obviously we can not deny the fact that mutually assured destruction would have ended it all in minutes.

Sorry has Iran changed to a secular democracy, with a free press and women's suffrage whilst I've been down the pub. Israel has her faults and there needs to be a solution for the Palestinians but to say she is as extreme or dangerous as Iran is bizarre.

I have no moral issue whatsoever with Iran having the 'bomb'. Unless you frame the question differently the answer is an unequivocal yes.

Would you give up our bomb tomorrow? I mean it's one less arsenal to worry about on the road to complete global disarment. So would you give our arsenal up - Yes or no.

Sorry has Iran changed to a secular democracy, with a free press and women's suffrage whilst I've been down the pub. Israel has her faults and there needs to be a solution for the Palestinians but to say she is as extreme or dangerous as Iran is bizarre.
Israel is without question a rogue state acting in the belligerent manner of a despotic dictatorship under the guise of western democracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back